Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KennyJC

Need to copy and paste detailed area for shortcut

http://www.esnips.com/doc/fc9dd3ee-963a-432c-90a4-deaed8d05cfe/shortcut

As you can see from the above image (it can be enlarged) I have two duplicate areas on opposite sides of the staircase, and what I have been doing for the last hour is mindnumbingly adding lots of sectors to make the lighting seem more detailed. I got it exactly the way I wanted (at least within vanilla limits), but now I want all that work to be superimposed on the other less detailed side of the staircase.

As you can see I have copied, pasted and flipped it outside of the map, but when I drag it over where I want it to go, the impassable lines become double sided, and lets just say does not work at all.

Copy and pasting is invaluable and works when it's outside of an existing sector, but as soon as I paste something inside an existing sector, it rarely works the way I intent it to.

Is there any way around this, or is it a limitation in the engine which means I'll have to do the same work a second time?

In Doom builder, when you copy and paste a section, it will copy the section as intended and then as a second step merge all the close lines together. Hence you must press Undo once to undo said second step.

You could also turn vertex stiching off, but then you would have to turn it back on if the section you are copying needs to be attached to another section.

I turned off stitch vertices and superimposed the section over the old one, but the way it worked out, two linedefs where sharing the same space, and needless to say did not work properly.

Try deleting the area that the secnd staircase will inhabit. This'll mean that the outside edge will have to become double-sided as the staircase leads onto it, and save you alot of work.

Icarus said:

Try deleting the area that the secnd staircase will inhabit. This'll mean that the outside edge will have to become double-sided as the staircase leads onto it, and save you alot of work.

I really should have thought of that... doh!

It works... and the room looks cool man.