Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andy Olivera

Looking for two more missing WADs...

The first is 2001-E1, the demo release of 2002: A DooM Odyssey. The only link I found is on the team's homepage and it's broken.

The second is Erik Alm's DSNACKS. Again, the only link available is at DSDA and it's broken.

If anyone has either of these, please eMail them to me or post them here. Thanks in advance!

Andy Olivera said:
The first is 2001-E1, the demo release of 2002: A DooM Odyssey. The only link I found is on the team's homepage and it's broken.

Is this it?

I'm back again, looking for two (more) missing WADs from DSDA. This time they are: E2M1(by Andy Leaver) and E2M1_01(by Tobias Munch). Both links are to websites that are long gone, and I wasn't able to locate either with Google...

Much of Tobias's stuff was recently (end of 2006, at least) available at http://kotogoto.ko.funpic.de/kotogoto/downloads/ if I remember correctly, but that is indeed down (at the moment?).

I downloaded all the wads that were there on 30-Dec-2006. I have put them temporarily here (as a single zip, 414kb).

Andy Leaver's site is currently here. I don't immediately see the file you are looking for though, though I admit I don't have much patience with sites that lack transparency and aren't readily searchable.

Any wad that is redistributable can be hosted anywhere, so to avoid this, any wad not on the archive that has demos for it may as well be permanently hosted on the DSDA or on DWDEMO.

Grazza said:

Andy Leaver's site is currently here. I don't immediately see the file you are looking for though, though I admit I don't have much patience with sites that lack transparency and aren't readily searchable.

The wad he is looking for is not there. But I do know what he is looking for. The wad in question was going to be the first map in NHFL Ep II when I thought it was going to be a Doom 1 project (like the first one). Then I decided to make it a Doom 2 project and thusly it was not used on my website..I totaly for got there was a demo made for this map. I guess I dropped the ball on this one. I have plenty of back up cd's from those days. Im sure I will find it. And when I do I will post it to my site.

As for my site being no searchable...I am very novice website builder, I was lucky to get the site looking like it does. Sorry about that. Just don't have the skills :/ Most of what you see was done with Brinkster web page builder.

Aleaver said:

Im sure I will find it. And when I do I will post it to my site.

I have a copy (from a bunch of stuff Opulent gave me in Prague) and have put it here. Edit: link fixed. Sorry, I make a point of checking links after posting them, except on the occasions when I don't.

Grazza said:

I have a copy (from a bunch of stuff Opulent gave me in Prague) and have put it here.

I get a 404 error when I click that link...

In anycase its now also here too.

Aleaver said:
I get a 404 error when I click that link...

Yeah, that's because it's case sensitive.

Just don't have the skills :/ Most of what you see was done with Brinkster web page builder.

It's mostly Brinkster's fault, as unlike custom servers, Geocities, and others, it doesn't let people see site folder contents.

Okay, I'm back! Budko's EY601 is listed on DSDA, but I can't find a link to it on his site. I've found three versions of what appears to be the correct level, but the demo(ey6_1917) desyncs with all of them. As usual, Google didn't turn anything up...

I'm not sure what the "ey601" is about, but the demo e01_1917.lmp (which I presume is the same one) plays back with the wad included in a file called e6y01.zip. (e6y is intended to represent the Russian word meaning "I fuck", in case you are wondering what the logic is behind this collection of letter and numbers.) I presume Andrey replaced this version with a newer one when he updated this map.

In case you don't have e6y01.zip, I have placed it here (temporarily).

BTW, attempting to play back demos using my autoloading patterns will often give a useful clue as to what wads are required: if it doesn't find the ones it thinks it needs, it says so in an on-screen message, and the pattern it tried to use is given in stdout.txt. (And if it doesn't recognize the demo name, I want to know!)

And once again, thank you! I figured it was supposed to be e6y01, but Google didn't come up with anything. I was wondering what e6y meant(now it makes sense:-))...

Again, thanks!!!

It's been a few months, but I'm still looking for old WADs. This time it's Tobias Munch's HELP. DSDA lists it as a doomcenter exclusive. Didn't find it on Tobias site or by searching Google.

Here's the Doomcenter file that contains it:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/118864_101704_tobym_pack.zip
(I'll describe this as a temporary location, although I have no intention of removing it quickly.)

Again, this is from the big disk of stuff Opulent gave me in Prague - which was a very nice birthday present, even though he didn't know it was my birthday at the time.

Note: this file has some overlap with tobym.zip, which I uploaded earlier, but I'd rather keep the files in their original state than cut things out of them (besides, the Doomcenter zip includes that specific request).
118864_101704_tobym_pack.zip: Doomcenter file
tobym.zip: wad files that were at Toby's kotogoto site

Hey again. The WAD I'm looking for this time is the original SP_SIMP.WAD. It doesn't exist on the mirrors(presumably replaced by sp_usimp) and none of the few review sites has a direct link.

I'm back with another request. This time it's TESTWAD. I stumbled my way through the website and found what appears to be the full release of it(URANUS.WAD), but the demo desyncs on MAP02.