Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlitZ

New monsters

Hey guys, Im kind of posting again I guess.
I started playing Knee Deep in Zdoom and got interested in Doom again. Specifically in new monsters. Is there anywhere I can see a good lot the good and common enemies? I'd possibly like to make some in the near future and maybe a weapon or two. (Things I have been doing for Duke3D.)

Thanks guys.

Wow. Some of those are awesome. I had seen quite a few but some were surprises to me, including seeing 3 Duke sprites. =D

Hey again, what do you guys think of this? Its already converted to doom's pallete.

Certainly... Interesting :D

I think it would look better in the context of a map, I'd have to see it that to properly appreciate it. Looks good, but what happens to the pile of gore it comes out of?

Ive got a "dead body" sprite.

Right now Im calling it "Ghoul" and its comes out of dead humans of course.

Looks quite cool. Be sure to send us a .wad with it in once you've finished the monster, sprites, behaviour all that lot.

Well finishing the graphics is no problem. I'll have that done by late tommorow Im sure. Ive got about 30% progress now with only a little time, Ive been doing graphics for a while so I dont get "bored" like some people.

The problem is I have virtually no knowledge of "Decorate" or "Dehacked". The sprites will be freely available to whoever though, with credits to me for them of course. ;-)

I was late starting on this today but I got a few more done already and Im ready to show off a bit more.

The head is kind of funky, I feel for the artists that have been adding tons of different parts and mix and matching. It is difficult to keep consistent.

cool. are you using zdoom? (the janitor is always happy to make decorate scripts for the small fee of having his name in a text file)

Yeah I'd prefer for it to be in Zdoom.
Anyone who wants to code it is surely welcome to, and I give credit where credit is due, so thats no problem.

BlitZ said:

Yeah I'd prefer for it to be in Zdoom.
Anyone who wants to code it is surely welcome to, and I give credit where credit is due, so thats no problem.

kickass. just send me a PM or email with the sprites and the preferred behavior of your monster. (it would make my life waaay easier if you could put the sprites in a wad and name them appropriately, for example "DEADA1, DEADA2 ... etc" whatever name you want)

Ok, its half way done, I havent finished it yet. Im going to see GWAR today in concert, so I was caught up with fixing all the details for that yesterday. I might work on it some more today just a little.

Im surprised at the well recievement for my first enemy. Thanks for the comments.

Just another newb not finishing shit!!!11

Haha. Sorry guys. I saw GWAR, got stuck at my brothers house and now Im going on vacation. I dont have time to work on it till about a week or so. Sorry.

o/

S'a Shame it won't get finished for a while, its looking pretty ace.

Also, you need to get it to seperate from the original corpse sprite, some how. If it gets up, and the corpse disappears, then it doesnt make sense. You need the gore heap still to be on the floor.

It seems like that should be simple enough. Just leave a pile of guts, or a dead soldier? Monster? "thing" on the floor. The ghoul will appear to be coming out of it if he is put in the map at the same spot as the "thing". Heck, he could almost appear to come out of one of the blue health bottles if you wanted.

edit: Just took a closer look at his graphic and he shows a pile of guts on the floor in his graphic. My way would only work if he deleted most of the stuff he has on the floor in his graphic. Some of it would be fine, then he could use almost any dead looking thing to come out of with his ghoul. It is pretty interesting.

Searcher said:

Heck, he could almost appear to come out of one of the blue health bottles if you wanted.

Might as well turn the blue bottle sprite into a genie lamp if you put it like that....

that would be funny :D

This is probably a stupid question, but you say "The sprites will be freely available to whoever though, with credits to me for them of course".

This looks like it was ripped out of Shadow Warrior -- the "Coolie Ghost" emerging from a dead "Coolie". I'm not sure about the head, its been years since I've played Shadow Warrior, but the rest of the body is definetly straight out of Shadow Warrior. So effectively sole credit belongs to 3D Realms for creating it.

I'm not saying its a bad idea, just a bit of an unusual thing to say regarding the circumstances.

Alas Im back.

Dont worry about the body staying on the ground, I'll work something out. =)

Also, Englishman, I completely agree. I misworded it, so to speak. Credits to me for ripping it / the editing. Its almost a direct rip from Shadow Warrior. The body is, as well as the head, but its two different sprites. (Head and body)