Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
didy

lenght of the sound of DSBOSDTH

When the sound DSBOSDTH is ending the map will be finished. Is it possible for Boom-ports to make the sound (a new one) play a longer time and to delay the end of the map? If yes, how (with WhackEd)?

You want a longer sound or a reiteration of the sound? A longer sound should be possible, and also to make it play it more than once, if you add frames with the death sound code pointer assigned to them, to the boss' death sequence.

You can delay the end of the game pretty easily with DeHackEd, by increasing the duration of any death frame of the boss before the one with the code that ends the game.

I mainly want to delay the ending (and beside let play a longer sound). I only know Whacked a bit and I am not much familliar with dehacked. The ending should delayed by 50 or 100 %.

Do you mean I have to change the value in the column "Dur" ("-1") to get the result? See picture: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1452/durationch1.jpg
If yes, what is the new value?

didy said:

Do you mean I have to change the value in the column "Dur" ("-1") to get the result? See picture: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1452/durationch1.jpg
If yes, what is the new value?

Yes, you have to change a value in that column, but not the one you have highlighted. Increase the duration of one of the frames before the one you have highlighted - that way the game will take longer to get to the BrainDie code pointer and therefore longer to exit the level.

The BrainDie pointer exits the level. IIRC, the BrainScream pointer starts the scream sound and spawns the explosions about 320 units South of the brain item. So, increasing the duration of frames between these two pointers will do what you want.

As for duration, it depends on how long you need. The numbers in the duration column refer to "game tics". Each game tic is 1/35 of a second so a duration of 35 would be 1 second. For info, a duration of -1 means that the game never goes beyond that frame.