Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jive

Dr Sleep's DOOM Apothecary is here, at Doomworld!!! And you don't know that !!!

http://www.doomworld.com/drsleep/screen.htm

You want more? :)
Ask to Linguica!!!
He will understand why I say that... :(

Ok, I explain me: I have send to Linguica 15 corrected pages (I guess all the "Dr Sleep's DOOM Apothecary" .htm pages), with the corrects url, and some other corrections...

The old url was : http://www.stormtroopers.com/drsleep/

First email : 07 november 2001
Second email: 23 november 2001
Third email: 30 november 2001

But nothing happens! No answer! :(:(:(

I understand why you are so astonished: Linguica has put my corrected work online ! And I was not warned!

And now, DrSleep apothecary site is ok... I hope, because I have worked with "show the source" on each page, and "save as..." with NotePad, and "search and find..." and "replace"...

The story is that this site was here before: http://www.stormtroopers.com/
One day, they have send all the site (they left everything as they found it) at Doomworld.
I was warned of the send!
So, I have tried to find it at Doomworld, using its url instead of stormtroopers... and I have find it !!!
I have study each url, on each page... etc...

Sorry for my too poor english! You know, it's very hard for me to translate, even with the help of the translator sites (make a try : write something in your langage, translate in french with Altavista, or another one, and translate one more time toward english! You will be astonished of the result !!!)

Sorry for my too poor english! You know, it's very hard for me to translate, even with the help of the translator sites (make a try : write something in your langage, translate in french with Altavista, or another one, and translate one more time toward english! You will be astonished of the result !!!)

Heh. I actualy spent about a half hour doing just that. Its pretty damn funny. Babelfish doesn't live up to it's namesake.

I have made an update for the DrSleep' site!
While surfing on it, I have found bugs in some URL, and new pages. Now, there is 20 corrected pages.
So, I have made a new send to Linguica, with all the "good job", and I hope that there will be no bad surprise.

What time is it now?... 5 o'clock !!!... must go to bed...! zZzzz... tired, the Jive... ZzzzzZZzzz....

I have made an update for the DrSleep' site!
While surfing on it, I have found bugs in some URL, and new pages. Now, there is 20 corrected pages.
So, I have made a new send to Linguica, with all the "good job"

I think I'm getting the picture now... A few months back Linguica did mirror Dr.Sleep's Doom site here on Doomworld, and it was announced on the main page as well. Because it's been a while I'm a little fuzzy on details, but I do remember this was on behalf of Dr. Sleep himself, to preserve this site for future generations. Or so to speak :)

Now, if I understand you correctly you made corrections (what? corrected URLs?) and sent Linguica 20 HTML pages per email? After that it's a little unclear... did Linguica use the corrections you made, or didn't he?

I'm not surprised if he didn't use your corrections... after all, it's not your site. Plus, I haven't seen a broken link there yet, plus several links to places here on Doomworld... meaning Linguica / Dr.Sleep properly made their own corrections.

All in all, I just don't understand what you want us to do?

I'm not surprised if he didn't use your corrections...

Be surprised: Linguica USE my corrections!

did Linguica use the corrections you made, or didn't he?

So, the answer is: "Yes!

Plus, I haven't seen a broken link there yet...

Of course, because Linguica quickly upgrade, as fast as I make my job for YOU

after all, it's not your site.

Mister Lahaut, don't you have still understood that I'm the author friend, and that ALL my job is "...to preserve the author's works for future generations. Or so to speak :) ..." ?

I just want TO SHARE what I have and what I'm able to make!

Is all fine for you, now? Because for me, it's obvious that Linguica have finally understood that I was working for others, not for me!
Do you really believe that I need to do all of what I have made...?!? Obviously not!

But, at least, it's to me to say thank you to you, for all you give us!