Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Clockwork indigestion

'Disc Armor Lv2' mini action figure, with accessories, from Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.

For comparison purposes, two Disc Armor Lv2 game sprites:

Horribly-bad group photos of all the Castlevania figures I've made to date, with the exception of Angel Mummy, who got thrown away on 9/11/05 'cuz both of its necks wilted over the years:

Materials:
Newsprint, cardboard from a cracker box, Kleenex, wire twist ties, sewing thread, white/hot glue, ink, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions*:
(*The dimensions for this model can vary, depending on how the joints are positioned. The numbers given are for the figure in a 'neutral' standing pose with its' chest cavity closed.)
8.3 cm/3.3 in. x 4.0 cm/1.6 in. (highest point x widest point)

Articulation:
Nineteen points total: Neck, hinged chest, waist, shoulders (2), elbows (2), wrists (2), thigh guards (2), arse guard, groin guard, thighs (2), knees (2), and ankles (2).

Time:
Approximately four days; construction ran from 8/9/07-8/13/07, with no significant work being done on the 10th (just a bit of paint touch-up and gluing the shoulder pads to the upper arms).

Webpage with more information:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/disc_armor_lv2.html

thats sweet. I like this line of mini figures you've been doing. it amazes me how much detail you could put in to something so small, ie. the potions.

Woah nice, another mini figure. I give you credit for all the minis your doing they must require such precision.

Here’s a preview of my next figure, which I started yesterday afternoon. It’s Samael, the final boss of the first Silent Hill game.

For comparison purposes, below are two images of Samael. The first, on the top, is a screenshot of the Samael polygon game model from the Playstation 'Silent Hill' video game. The second, on the bottom, is Konami's official artwork for Samael.

Arms added (still need to put on the tattoos on the upper arms though). Nine points of working articulation at this stage [shoulders (2), elbows (2), wrists (2), neck (2), and jaw].

Lower body and legs have been added; 23 points of working articulation now. I just need to make the wings, and add the tattoos on the upper arms, to finish him off. He does stand on his own, although finding the center of gravity with those tiny hooves and screwy goat legs is a bit of a sticky wicket--something the addition of wings is only going to make worse. I'm afraid I have to promote Samael up from 'mini figure' status to 'regular' figure now, as he stands about 4 inches tall; excluding the horns, he's about the same height as a 3-3/4" G.I.JOE toy. So, I guess my Cobra Commander figure can cut some shady deals with the Devil now . . .

All finished:

Group photos of the last seven figures I made (7/23/07-8/21/07):

Webpage with more info (note that the photos on this page are NOT censored, so don't come crying to me that I didn't warn you):

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/samael.html

Vileslay: Yeah, I kept thinking while I was making this that it'd make a good female Baron. In fact, before I started posting it in this thread, I was going to start a new thread and call it 'My Baron has bigger juggs than yours'.

Thanks, it took a long time to cut out all the individual feathers on those darn things (I used a wing from the Toy Biz Marvel Legends Series 10 Angel X-men character as a visual model while I worked on it).

What? I didn't know Samael ever appeared physically in Silent Hill! Apparently my friend never played it right when I'd get drunk and make him play through it for me.

That is probably my favourite sculpture of yours since a fairly long while, MmM. Double thumbs up.

Coopersville: Yeah, the boss you fight at the end of Silent Hill 1 is dependent on whether or not you complete the Dr. Kaufmann side quest. If you save him and find his stash of Aglaophotis, you fight Samael. If you don't save him and/or find the stash, you fight Alessa awakened as god (the difference is mainly cosmetic though, as they both attack in much the same way). This, in conjunction with whether you saved Cybil or not, also affects which of the four endings you get.

Holy crap - that Samael model looks awesome! I also really like the Vagary (one of my favourite character designs). Great work man :)