Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AgentOrange

Project Idea #3 (AND LAST IDEA! :P) Deathmatch

I love the deathmatch arena-style levels, u know, smaller, sorta-symmetric levels that can either be small, quick-paced fragfests or larger, darker hunting/sniping types

basically its just gonna be a megawad of deathmatch levels...and not like the one's i've found online hopefully...so many not-so-good ones...but after i get like 5 done maybe i'll send it to whoever wants to see 'em and judge 'em, and of course i'll let u know when i got 5 done, got 3 already

AgentOrange said:

I love the deathmatch arena-style levels, u know, smaller, sorta-symmetric levels that can either be small, quick-paced fragfests or larger, darker hunting/sniping types

basically its just gonna be a megawad of deathmatch levels...

STOP.
A megawad requires a lot of attention, and producing a quality one is no small feat. But 3? Seriously, do one at a time.

yeah i know its terribly hard for me to only work on one idea at once...thats why i started 3 cause when i get bored of one then i'll probably get interested in one of the other 2 so it might take me a long while to finish one...hehe....but mainly its the deathmatch and ultimate doom ones i'm workin on cause theyre simpler

Project Idea #3 (AND LAST IDEA! :P) Deathmatch

Thank fuck. I was overwhelmed by the quality of the other ideas and the sheer originality of their names.

AgentOrange said:

yeah i know its terribly hard for me to only work on one idea at once...thats why i started 3 cause when i get bored of one then i'll probably get interested in one of the other 2 so it might take me a long while to finish one...hehe....but mainly its the deathmatch and ultimate doom ones i'm workin on cause theyre simpler

I actually just made a DM map. Would you consider using it in the megawad if I emailed it to you?

yes of course! in fact if anyone would like to add a deathmatch level to my set just ask or just email me, i'll tell u and add it if i like it enough ;P

and of course it'll be mentioned that it was made by u ;)

BlackFish said:

Perhaps if you posted your ideas in one thread.

well...to late now ain't it? :P and i know i could just delete these and then just make the one but why bother?

yomoneyboat said:

So what is your email address, AgentOrange?

(pm me and ask)

oh and yomoneyboat i sent u the maps u asked so nicely for

NOTE: if u would like to add a deathmatch wad to my collection, feel free to either ask or just send me an email with the file attached...but maybe i should add some rules for interest ;)

1) only 1 map per person

2) not necessary, but please add some "spice", u know, make the level not so square, maybe some stairs, pillars, doors, etc; just make it look pretty/kool/watever (also traps, secrets and other interesting stuff is a great plus)

3) the gameplay of the level doesnt really matter, as long as its fun. it can be a small, quickpace level or a larger, hide-and-seek sorta thing if u'd like. i shall also test all levels using first vs.1bot for a while then vs.3bots and maybe even vs.7bots to see how it plays with varying numbers

4) if i think of somethin else i'll add it...also ideas are welcome

AgentOrange said:

yup, even played it...i responded to it via email

OK, thanks. I will add more detail and "spice."
That was just a rough draft, really.

oh wait another rule

5) maps must be compatible with Doom Legacy, if its also compatible with others thats fine as long as it works on Legacy!

also if u guys have any ideas for anythin let me know ok? like some new music/textures/graphics? or level ideas/themes? or if u wanna submit ur own maps(like what was mentioned b4)...

...or maybe should i advertise more? make this sorta like a "community chest" sorta deal?

ok i got screenshots for map01 and map02 but i dunno how to upload them onto here so if u'd like to see them either gimme ur email so i can email em to or u can tell me how to get them onto here

Whats the deal with making these all for Legacy? Making it boom compatible would grant a larger audience.

I think that Agent Orange has this problem : from one single idea he wants to build one whole megawad (32 levels!).

It should works this way:

1 idea = 1 level
and
32 levels = 1 megawad

and not

1 idea = 1 megawad

Lorenzo

Lorenzo said:

I think that Agent Orange has this problem : from one single idea he wants to build one whole megawad (32 levels!).
It should work this way:
1 idea = 1 level and 32 levels = 1 megawad and not 1 idea = 1 megawad

Not true. Many megawads come from one central idea, although I'm too lazy to dig up an example right now.

EANB said:

Whats the deal with making these all for Legacy? Making it boom compatible would grant a larger audience.

ok i'll see if i can get a Boom engine then...as long as it can use 3d floors and maybe play ambient sounds then its fine but the 3D floors are a MUST...lets try PRBoom+...or should i try Skulltag? that would be better for deathmatch wouldnt it?

and also quoting the "1idea = 1megawad is a bad idea" thing well sorry its just something i'd like to do; i've never found a good deathmatch wad and i thought it'd be nice to make one for fun. also even if its not a full 32 levels big whoop, its still fun to make 'em :) plus i'll use my favorites in KillZone as i'm sure i mentioned

oh and sorry yomoneyboat the file i sent was the map wad it didnt contain the new graphics :(

AgentOrange:
I have a new version of Marble Mausoleum, now more detailed and with 8 DM starts. I'll email it to you.

OK this is shall be the "levels so far" page, and it shall be updated/edited when a new one is made.

Map01: Slimehold: This is a small, open arena will some nukage and the only weapons u get are what u start with and the rocket launcher :D

Map02: Metal Island Tower. This arena has many hallways/walkways and stairs and even a couple of sniping ledges.

Map03: Containment Arena. A small arena that is based off the first part of e2m2

Map04: Marble Mausoleum. this nifty arena was created by YOMONEYBOAT and it shall be a nice edition to the DMA. Its small but fast-paced and awesome for 1on1 hide&hunts

Map05: KZ Wooden Coliseum this will be part of KillZone; its an octagonal coliseum with deadly lava pits and rooms/hallways along the edges. the cajunbots love to fall in the center lava pit for some dumb reason...

Map 06: Hedge: Its based of the hedge maze i made before, except its no longer a maze

map 07: map layout of Doom3's d3dm1 and maybe weapon/item placement will be as well...but with totally different graphics(i think, never saw the map before)

yomoneyboat said:

AgentOrange:
I have a new version of Marble Mausoleum, now more detailed and with 8 DM starts. I'll email it to you.

yeah now thats what i was lookin for :) textures/architecture could be spicier but it doesn't need it, it is fast-paced and u can never tell if an enemy is gonna pop out from the hallway ahead of u or the one u just passed...i'll add it as map04 how bout that?

AgentOrange said:

...i'll add it as map04 how bout that?

Sounds great! MAP04 it is!

k first off thanks yomoneyboat...ur level rocks! :D ...unless ur playin with 8 or more then it just gets crazy, but it's awesome at 1on1

also i'm now workin on the 5th level, so i might release a demo of it soon...of course some graphics will be changed so it works off doom2.wad (and might make it permanently like that) and i was thinkin of changin the weapons later on, and if/when i do of course i'll let yah's know

and yeah u could say i'm buildin the levels fast...but usually what i do is when i have many ideas for levels i build the basic version of the levels first then when i run out of level ideas i go back and detail them, so right now u guessed it some of them are sorta bland when it comes to architecture

one last thing, looked at surge1 and 2 for the heck of it, and don't worry i'm not gonna make any levels that small ;P

OK got 5 levels done so far! :D ...well ok 4 yomoneyboat made map04 so i made 4...but the 1st 5 levels of DMA are complete!

but anyways how do i upload my pwad so others can download it/rate it? and note i am thinking of making it all just doom2 compatible cause i can't figure out how to get the cutom textures onto a pwad...it works when i put new ones in an iwad but not a pwad so help with that please?

AgentOrange said:

ok i'll see if i can get a Boom engine then...as long as it can use 3d floors and maybe play ambient sounds then its fine but the 3D floors are a MUST...lets try PRBoom+...or should i try Skulltag? that would be better for deathmatch wouldnt it?

Why not map for zdoom in hexen or doom format? Instead of using gzdooms 3d floors, try stacked sectors. In case you didnt know, (and it is hard at first to make a decent one) these give the illusion of true 3d floors :) I'd suggest reading the doom wiki for further detail :)

http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/

EDIT: 3d floors WILL NOT work in PRboom. As far as I know they are only compatible with zdoom, legacy (I think) and gzdoom (true 3d belongs to gzdoom though)