Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Weed worse than cigs?

That's just because the British hate Rastafarians.
That's a fact, dammit.

I smoke cigarettes and weed and I'm fine. Sometimes I have a pain in my chest, but hey, whatever.

Naked Snake said:

I smoke cigarettes and weed and I'm fine.

You are most definitely NOT fine.

Naked Snake said:

I smoke cigarettes and weed and I'm fine. Sometimes I have a pain in my chest, but hey, whatever.

Give it another 20-30 years.

I couldn't give a shit less one way or the other. It's not like I'm doing these things and thinking it's healthy, unlike those ass-hats that drink light beer.

Cigarretes are fucking gross. Weed is not a problem as long as you don't too often or become some lazy ass.

Well kids, Salvia is still legal unless you live in Australia.

I've tried some, it was fun.

The article appears biased (sponsored by Marlboro?), since what it's saying is that pot smoking can apparently cause more of certain type of damage, not that it's necessarily more damaging overall, since tobacco helps further the serious emphysema, and is associated with cancer (not mentioned). Then it brings up the schizophrenia pot's supposed to help induce, to add dramatism to the report on the evil drug.

It mentions a figure of 339 patients but says mothing in regard to testing conditions, nor if the tobacco smokers somked filtered cigs while the pot smokers made their own joints.

Well if you consistantly smoke a heap-load of it I'm sure you'll fry some brain cells, becomming forgetful and lethargic.

Probably it is worse than cigs. When was the last time you heard of a hemp cultivation having ISO-standard quality controls?

Common sense says that forcing smoke into your lungs is A Bad Thing no matter what it's made of. Don't they make vaporizers for this very reason?

If you live in an urban area, what difference does it make? Pollution is likely to become just as harmful as the population steadily increases.

david_a said:

Common sense says that forcing smoke into your lungs is A Bad Thing no matter what it's made of. Don't they make vaporizers for this very reason?

Exactly. It always boggles my mind when people claim that smoking Marijuana doesn't cause cancer like cigarettes do. Nicotine by itself isn't carcinogenic. It's smoke that causes cancer.

So eat special brownies.
Smoking it is far from the only way to get it into your system.
EDIT: No, nicotine is a quite lethal poison however.

Fom Wikipedia:

The LD50 of nicotine is 50 mg/kg for rats and 3 mg/kg for mice. 40–60 mg can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.[6] [7] This makes it an extremely deadly poison. It is more toxic than many other alkaloids such as cocaine, which has an LD50 of 95.1 mg/kg when administered to mice.

Cigarettes have tar. I like my lungs red, green, yellow, but not black.

Cannabis has several times more tar than cigarettes.

Weed can be a real problem sometimes, specially when it starts going out of control and messes my beautiful garden...

Ahhh... THAT type of weed...

I've quitted both for almost 1 and a half years, never felt better.

I always felt that weed burned my chest...

That's an ooold study. Like a decade old. Timeline on them. Even if it is true, the average smoker smokes 20 cigs a day or so. The average weed smoker smokes like maybe 2 joints a week unless they're one of those guys who tries to be completely fried all the time. Add it up and see what's worse. Also, bongs and vaporizors lessen the carcinogens, and eating it in cannabis pot pie or brownies will eliminate them all together.

no weed for me kids. cigs, yes. probly not a good idea, but the whole legality factor is what keeps me away from weed.

Beer: cheaper, legal in many more places, and I can always get a new liver.

GGG said:

Cannabis has several times more tar than cigarettes.

150% last I checked. Don't recall if that was more than or a complete percentage though.

Beer isn't cheaper than cannabis. By volume ratio perhaps. But the ammount you spend to get drunk is generally larger than the money you need to spend to get stoned.

I rarely use alcohol as a drug anymore. When I drink, I generally do it cause nothing can quite beat a good Stout or Ale or whatever.
Inntoxication from THC is really much more gentle and rewarding.

EDIT: Oops, I actually managed to double post. Shouldn't post right after work. :/

fraggle said:
It always boggles my mind when people claim that smoking Marijuana doesn't cause cancer like cigarettes do. Nicotine by itself isn't carcinogenic. It's smoke that causes cancer.

There are scientific reports dealing with how nicotine may facilitate the development of cancer.

myk said:

There are scientific reports dealing with how nicotine may facilitate the development of cancer.

From what I understand it can play an indirect role, but it's the smoke that is the real issue. I just find it amazing when people say that smoking cannabis is TOTALLY 100% SAFE unlike cigarettes.

fraggle said:

From what I understand it can play an indirect role, but it's the smoke that is the real issue. I just find it amazing when people say that smoking cannabis is TOTALLY 100% SAFE unlike cigarettes.

It would take a first class moron to believe that M is as safe as cheerios, but if the overall amount of smoke inhaled is truly the deciding factor then I would say that it has the advantage over cigarettes.

Smells like propaganda being used to justify the so called "War on Drugs" (War on Poverty in reality). Anything that comes out from a Mainstream news source is not meant to be trusted since the ones who crafted the article have an agenda for making society even more oppressive as usual....