Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Weed worse than cigs?

Well, those people that smoke it obsessively tend to be very slow in the head. But I've also known plenty of people that just have it every once in a while. These people you could know for years and never realise they smoke pot. It really is only an issue of having to much of a thing.

Enjay said:

One guy I know did it very excessively...

This person sounds like he had some mental problems to begin with and they were obviously aggravated by drugs.

Yeah I have a thing about putting anything in my lungs but fresh air. I dont think I'd ever want to get into smoking anyway. And its pretty easy for me to be in the presence of my parents and not get caught when im drunk. but smoke sticks to your clothes and you will reek for almost a full day. If not more. And my parents were good at cathcing that from my bro.

Well, drinking too much will give you a breath that's even harder to conceal than if you were smoking, actually, not to mention your behavior afterwards :-)

Oh yeah of course, but I've yet to get caught, so I'll just keep pushing my luck.

Enjay said:

One guy I know did it very excessively. Dropping out of school he spent a £30,000 inheritance on (primarily) weed over a few short years, spent the best part of 1 year terrified to leave the house because "they" were after him, sending him messages by the patterns of colours or the cars driving past his house and fitting invisible cameras all over the place. Even now, almost 10 years later, he still has "episodes" where he suddenly becomes very twitchy and nervous and has to go home rather than turn into a terrified, gibbering wreck hiding in the pub/club toilet. And he was a very sharp, bright guy with a really good future ahead of him. He still lives with his parents, can't hold down a job and has nothing at all to show for his money.

You sure he's not Manic depressive?

I once lent some money to a guy that smoked weed, and he conveniently "forgot" about it. Was it because of the weed, or just cunning? Hmm...

kristus said:

You sure he's not Manic depressive?

That's beyond manic depression. That's borderline, or possibly full-out schizophrenic. One risk of smoking weed is that it does tend to exacerbate underlying mental issues. They would have come out anyway, but drugs will make it come harder and faster. So yeah, don't smoke weed if you have a family history of mental disease.

For some reason, this thread and the schizo/manic thingy reminds me of a certain artist...ah, Wesley Willis it was, and a certain song..."I smoke weed" if memory serves. Coincidence?

Why? Smoking is bad for you, full stop. But it's up to you if you want to, whatever I think of it, I don't lecture anybody about it. The way I see it, it's your life. Back where I'm from(South Wales, UK) the government are very strict about smoking in open places. It is now banned in most public places, even pubs. Now I can understand that people don't like the smell of cigarette smoke around them, and the fact that they can get cancer that way, but you walk into a pub and most people are smoking anyway, well, the ones I have been to.

jallamann said:

pub + beer + smoke + peanuts = best quad-combo ever. except myself and cute, nymphomaniac triplets.

doom.wad+zDoom.exe+kdizd.pk3+a liter of iced tea
And as far as the whole weed/cigs thing goes, I don't care what you do with your life, just don't go blowing smoke in my face.

yomoneyboat said:

That's just because the British hate Rastafarians.
That's a fact, dammit.

From which of your 16 brain cells did you extract this pearl of wisdom?

I love how some of you (Kirby) seem to think that smoking weed magically won't do you any harm. When I was at uni I watched a number of people (including a girlfriend) get their minds fucked over by weed.

The fact is this, you do enough of any drug, it's going to fuck you up. Booze, cigs, weed, even coffee.

If you want to make-believe it won't harm you, keep smoking, it'll keep you in make-believe permanently in due course.