Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captainblue

ZDoom not recognizing commands, I can't add my WAD

I wanted to upload a WAD into ZDoom for screenshot purposes, but the console doesn't recognize commands. I first tried the command to load the WAD file, but it didn't recognize it. After I tried putting in the command a few different ways, I decided to see if other commands would work. I tried -nomusic. Unknown command. -avg. Unknown command. -nomonsters. Unknown command.

Could someone explain what's happening or link me to a newer version of ZDoom (mine's pretty outdated).

Captainblue said:

I wanted to upload a WAD into ZDoom for screenshot purposes, but the console doesn't recognize commands. I first tried the command to load the WAD file, but it didn't recognize it. After I tried putting in the command a few different ways, I decided to see if other commands would work. I tried -nomusic. Unknown command. -avg. Unknown command. -nomonsters. Unknown command.

Those need to be entered from the command line, not the console.

Captainblue said:

Could someone explain what's happening or link me to a newer version of ZDoom (mine's pretty outdated).

I don't think its a problem with zdoom. those commands should be used in the console/launcher... not ingame. otherwise, they ought to work

...and you could just drag and drop the wads over to the ZDoom exe, provided that you already got a new enough version. Or use a frontend/launcher.