Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frankdude

Far Cry 2

Recommended Posts

WTF!!!

Did anyone see Far Cry 2 in pc gamer.It ditches everything in the original.It looks to be a sequal in name only.Ubi Soft are following IDs lead in quake.Quake 2,Far Cry 2.Oh no!

God even another my one favorite game series is gone down the tubes.

Share this post


Link to post
Larzuk said:

Crysis has nothing to do with Farcry...


Really? They're both generic run-of-the-mill shooters.

Share this post


Link to post
Frankdude said:

God even another my one favorite game series is gone down the tubes.


Far Cry went down the tubes when it was ported to the consoles.

Share this post


Link to post

I just poked my head at the official website 'teaser'. I will say if it has a heavy African influence, I think it could be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, yeah.

See, Far Cry was made by Crytek. But then EA bought their publisher out or something, and got the rights to the Far Cry name. So then Crytek went off to do their own thing, Crysis, which looks awesome. Far Cry 2 is a seperate project by a seperate developer, under EA I believe, so yeah expect genericness.

Share this post


Link to post

Wow I like how if you enjoy newer games you suck.

And honest to God if anyone here calls something "run of the mill" they're full of shit. Id is a great company that makes great software, but every one of their games is the same. They're all fun, granted, because that formula just happens to work.

I really enjoyed Far Cry, disregarding sappy story and bad voice acting, because it was fun. Sue me.

Yeah but seriously fuck the sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Bank said:

Id is a great company that makes great software, but every one of their games is the same. They're all fun, granted, because that formula just happens to work.


I fail to see how Doom == Quake == Quake 2 == Quake 3 == Doom 3 == Quake 4. Quake 3 is obviously different from the rest (what with being a deathmatch-only game), so is Doom 3 for being/trying to be a horror FPS. Classic Doom...anything from an arcade shooter to a horror FPS depending on the maps, as we all very well know. The three other Quakes though are pretty much the same boring shit (not that Quake 3 and Doom 3 were that much better, no, they were just different).

Oh and lets not go to the older id games, no one has time for all that...

Share this post


Link to post
AirRaid said:

Well, yeah.

See, Far Cry was made by Crytek. But then EA bought their publisher out or something, and got the rights to the Far Cry name. So then Crytek went off to do their own thing, Crysis, which looks awesome. Far Cry 2 is a seperate project by a seperate developer, under EA I believe, so yeah expect genericness.


Ubisoft, not EA but yeah.

Share this post


Link to post

Far Cry was a fun game. I really liked the whole maneuvering through the jungle theme and the multiple tactical possibilities for approaching each scenario. Full out rambo guns a blazin? Or stealthy well placed headshots until discovery? Hang glider was good shit too, and being stalked by those crazed mutants in the jungle at night time had a scare factor to it. The shotgun becomes your friend.

The limited weapon slots also made carrying certain weapons around like the rocket launcher all the time have it's own perils as ammo was limited. Silenced machine gun or uzi that had 100 round clips?

Little things like that made it an enjoyable title for me. I'm sure Far Cry 2 will at least be more pleasant then the movie will ever be.

Bloodshedder said:

Far Cry went down the tubes when the studio recorded the lines for voice acting!

"Damn I'm locked in." I'm sure the movie's acting will be on par with the game.

TheDarkArchon said:

Far Cry went down the tubes when it was ported to the consoles.

Wii port of that game is some of the worst shit I ever played. Prime example of how not to port a shooter to a console.

Bank said:

Wow I like how if you enjoy newer games you suck.

Oh NOES! It's not teh classix doomz! IT BL0WZ0RZ!

Share this post


Link to post

Jodwin

Whats up with older id games.I love Wolfenstein maybe even more than Doom.Wolf 3d birthed the fps mod community and still has one today.Also Commander Keen kills Super Mario Brothers.And Dangerous Dave the John Romero original and the id devoloped haunted mansion are great.So don't say "Oh and lets not go to the older id games, no one has time for all that..."again. You can't forget what forged id and Doom.

Share this post


Link to post
Frankdude said:

Jodwin

Whats up with older id games.I love Wolfenstein maybe even more than Doom.Wolf 3d birthed the fps mod community and still has one today.Also Commander Keen kills Super Mario Brothers.And Dangerous Dave the John Romero original and the id devoloped haunted mansion are great.So don't say "Oh and lets not go to the older id games, no one has time for all that..."again. You can't forget what forged id and Doom.

What's up with older id games is that I couldn't bother wasting my time going through all of them when it was rather obvious that the guy I was responding to was only talking about the FPS games. So congratulations for failing so much that you forget to take forum posts in their apparent context.

And your post lacks six spaces, five of them right after a period and the last one after closing quotes. Yes, I'm an ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Jodwin said:

And your post lacks six spaces, five of them right after a period and the last one after closing quotes. Yes, I'm an ass.


Nothing wrong with wanting to be able to read what people post. I personally hate when people don't put spaces between each sentence.

Share this post


Link to post

Far Cry 2 is a mistake. They should of called it south-african kill-a-thon. Far Cry for the PC left a huge loose end and was a great game.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×