Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

More of my doom crap.

I got some rather unimpressive maps lying around maybe you will like them or maybe not the first one is based on an Oblige map, credits for that map go to Andrew Apted for Oblige.The map is based on seed 13 it was generated with Oblige version 0.85 it took me about two weeks to edit the map further, if you don't like playing Oblige maps then this one is not for you.Use an sourceport of your choice.

http://tango.dmclub.org/dd/files/seed13.zip (223kb textfile included)

Second map is an remake of underhalls nothing fancy here either if you like this sort of thing then give it an spin if you don't like these type of maps then don't bother cause it doesn't do anything different gameplay wise than the original.Build time was about 10 hours or so use any port you like it even runs fine on DooM95 so bleh have fun with one of the two or both.

http://tango.dmclub.org/dd/files/undrhlls.zip (70,1kb textfile included)

I am grabbing them now. I will most likely enjoy them. Hell, your "bad" maps are better than most good maps. Thanks.

dutch devil said:

(223kb textfile included)

heh

Checking them out, now.

edit: Okay, played them. The remake was just that, a remake, but I really enjoyed the oblige edit. I don't know how much of the general layout and architecture came from Oblige or you, but it was one of the most enjoyable maps I've played in ages. I could play a whole megawad full of these things without getting bored. Flow, some creatively placed crates, height variations and sometimes more than one way to approach the fight at hand (like the one behind yellow key doors) all make this a great map...and it wasn't too easy either.

I played Seed 13, it was done really well! I liked after you get the red key you have a great monster battle!!! Weapons/health/monster ratio was also really good!

Thanks well they are what I consider nothing special they are fun to play and lets leave it at that.I tried to keep as much areas as possible in that Oblige map, and the remake I did because I was bored and was stuck on my other maps and its good training its one of the best doom 2 maps also.

I always loved under halls, and your remake of it is pretty cool.
Not an oblige fan though.

Cool stuff dutch devil.

Underhalls is my favorite as well, and this remake is total awesomeness.
The oblige map is kickass as well.

the iron hitman said:

Kickass! Havent seen you in a while there dutch devil! Mighty fine oblige maps :)

There is only one Oblige map the other one is work from scratch, thats right I haven't been mapping much lately.

Seed13 is a nice map, but I don't like underhalls, because it's too similar in comparison with the original.