Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gherkin

profile pictures

Next update of the Doom Connector we will have new, extended and improved User Profiles where you can have a picture on!

We are looking for MANY pictures to include with the Doom Connector. If you have some pictures, please submit them!
The picture must be 32x32 in Bitmap (BMP) format (please do not send us JPEGs, but you may ZIP your bitmaps). A selection of the best pictures will be made from all submitted pictures, however, you may submit as many pictures as you want.

Send your pictures to gherkin@xodemultimedia.com

No, because I dont want the Doom Connector have to download images from people you meet continue, that stupid, makes the thing slow. So I give everyone the opportunity to submit avatars now so I can put them in before the next update. The reason why i keep em 32x32 is because I dont want to make the Doom Connector a 3538 GB download, hehe ;)

Gherkin, does doom connector ban aol's ip? i've done all the instructions correctly as you told me to and yet obviously the server appears to be down for me. What's the real deal here

I ran all outta ideas cop. When you start up your Connector it "downloads" a file (which is placed at 3 hosts, so if one is down, another will be used) which contains connecting information for the Connector to connect to its server.
If you get the message "The service is temporarely down for an unknown reason." your Connector most likely was unable to download that file for all 3 locations (rare shit). If you get the message "The connection timed out, please try to login again later." check your firewall if it doesnt block your Connector from connecting to its server or call AOL and bitch at them to let you connect! We dont block any IP's, its an open and free service, anyone is allowed on it.

As for the Pictures (avatars); We currently received 65 avatars and can have up to 255. You can submit avatars as many as you want, so make yourself some nice avatars and send em in!