Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

The "Fire Scene" Video

Just wanted to let you guys know that if someone missed the short "fire scene" video taped on QuakeCon, I know a link where it's still available.

And a bunch of us have it burned onto our HD's for all eternity. Just ask me or Zaldron if you're interested.

I'm interested...my IM should be posted in my profile...

DAMN! THAT IS THE MOST AWESOME DAMN GAME GRAPHICS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

Join the club... ;)

I mean, I've seen the screen caps of the shadowed hallways, and even that bathroom scene, but this? This convinces me that Doom 3 will be the most revolutionary FPS ever...at least in the graphics department, that is...

The Macworld video was meant to display the power of the GeForce 3. So I'm pretty sure that was running at 60 fps for marketing purposes.

Now, Carmack stated that the game should run at 30 fps with a GF3, wich clearly shows they're aiming for a lot more of detail, as you can see in that video.

german is a funny language.

How come I'm getting the feeling that this is gonna cause some unrest with some posters? Why is German funny?

that video is dark,but still great stuff.the last scene that the monster jump looks really good.
well when will id show doom3 stuff again?my guess is QuakeCon2002.

How come I'm getting the feeling that this is gonna cause some unrest with some posters? Why is German funny?

Hehe no problem...that Gamestar guy who comments on that video is really sounding a bit funny...and the way he pronounces "John Carmack" is awful.

The fire scene is great, but the sparks look like energy particles. Is there a way to make them more sparklish looking? With sprites maybe?

Actually I've never _really_ been impressed with the little fire scene video. I mean, yeah it looks cool and all, but in my opinion the early MacWorld stuff looks much more impressive.

And yes, those particles could be made to look better... and they probably will. Once the game's all polished and cleaned up, it will look tons better than anything we've ever seen.

Why is German funny?

Because, it's just hilarious. Why else?

Just checking...:-)

And yes, those particles could be made to look better... and they probably will. Once the game's all polished and cleaned up, it will look tons better than anything we've ever seen.

I agree...It would look a hell of alot better to have animated sparks or heat particles. I mean, what they have now is great, but the light particles floating around are a little confusing...Oh well, you can't have everything. Afterall, the gameplay already looks like a freakin movie...

The only real problem with the sparks it's their size. Something smaller would really enhance the scene. But I'm not complaining anyway, a particle system takes a lot of time to code. A simple yet effective system has way over 200 values to be determined and processed each frame.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Doomworld members?

Really, who knows? Hehehehehheee.......
Cool sig, prime. :)

The only real problem with the sparks it's their size. Something smaller would really enhance the scene. But I'm not complaining anyway, a particle system takes a lot of time to code. A simple yet effective system has way over 200 values to be determined and processed each frame.

Zaldron - I guess I'm going to be learning about this kind of animation and coding process first hand. I'm a computer animation major at the Ringling School of Art and Design. However, this is only my freshman year so I won't get into it until next year...

DoomBoy - Thanks...:-]

Zaldron - I guess I'm going to be learning about this kind of animation and coding process first hand. I'm a computer animation major at the Ringling School of Art and Design. However, this is only my freshman year so I won't get into it until next year...

Well, I dunno. Everything I know comes from designing games with my friends. 4 years of bitching and stabbing each other really teachs you about gaming dynamics.

I haven't started university yet. Can't find a decent 3D graphics/Art career here...

Well, I dunno. Everything I know comes from designing games with my friends. 4 years of bitching and stabbing each other really teachs you about gaming dynamics.

I haven't started university yet. Can't find a decent 3D graphics/Art career here...

Well, I know quite a few students who are here from South America and other countries who are here solely for the computer animation program. The program here is supposed to be one the best in the world, hence the influx of outside students. It's very expensive, but most people just take out student loans to get the money they need for tuition. If anyone would like info about this school, I'll be glad to help...

Animation has been never my strenght. I preffer modelling, but I'm interested. Where are you? What is it like?

Animation has been never my strenght. I preffer modelling, but I'm interested. Where are you? What is it like?

I attend the Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida, USA. It is one of the most prestigious art colleges in the world. It is a small campus, with only a little more than a thousand students. This makes a comfortable environment where it is easy to know most everyone. Plus, a good percentage of the alumni are from other countries. Since this is my first year I haven't gotten into the real computer animation courses, but that will come next year. Here's the official website -
www.rsad.edu
Zaldron, IM me if you'd like to know more info...

Actually I've never _really_ been impressed with the little fire scene video. I mean, yeah it looks cool and all, but in my opinion the early MacWorld stuff looks much more impressive.

Just imagine that video at 1024x768 in full screen...i think
thats a big problem for judjement, its only a video and if we could see that in realtime we would get a heart attack !

Well for a movie shot with a tiny camera off a projector screen, I say it's still decent quality. What really stuns me is the quality of the Bathroom Shot. I can't believe Gamestar got such a high quality shot off that screen - it looks much better than any of the other shots.

FlatHead - I fell in love with the shot after I saw it on your site, the one on GameStar was of VERY bad quality.