Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Butts

slopes over deep water

whenever i build a slope over deep water it doesnt work, it only shows HOM. the slope is built correctly, there was no HOM prior to my implementation of deep water effect. im doing the deep water effect correctly too, with the transfer heights line thingy. also, the same sector slopes that are underwater show perfectly fine. how do i fix the slopes over the water? im not sure how clearly i explained that, and i dont know how to put screenshots up.

Which port are you mapping for ? Zdoom and its spin offs, Risen3D and VaVoom all support slopes done using different methods.

Which raises a question ... Does VaVoom use its own proprietary method for slopes ?

To combine deep water with slopes the slopes have to be set up very carefully so without seeing your map it's not possible to say what went wrong.

Butts said:

alright, well how would i put up a screenshot or something?

Actually, a screenshot would not allow someone to see what's causing the problem, as the "transfer sector heights" is being done outside of the main game area (via a dummy sector) and will not be visible. Your best bet is to post your map and let someone look at it.

hawkwind said:
Which raises a question ... Does VaVoom use its own proprietary method for slopes ?

Free software isn't proprietary, although I'm assuming you meant specific (different from the other Doom based engines that support them).