Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I finally finished Cheogsh.wad. Holy dick. You are undoubtedly one of the godliest mappers I've ever seen - you easily surpass the "great" Tormentor. Good fucking job.

I'd love to see Cheogsh2 finished. <3

Fisk said:

you easily surpass the "great" Tormentor.

It's not a contest.

However that's not to say I'm not extremely impressed with the map, because I am.
BTW, did I ever send you that MP3 of Moonlight Nocturne yet? I can't remember! If not, let me know and I'll send it to you ASAP!

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Nick Perrin said:

It's not a contest.

It sure isn't, pay me no mind. :P

How do you create dynamic lights? Because by those screenies, they greatly enhance the atmosphere of the map. I want to use them in my WAD, but don't know how to make them :S

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Check GZDoom's documentation. For starters, Thing 9800 is a static light. The THING arguments are R, G, B, and intensity. IIRC Graf Zahl said something like "intensity" is roughly the radius in Doom units.

//did I ever send you that MP3 of Moonlight Nocturne yet? I can't remember! If not, let me know and I'll send it to you ASAP!//
No, I didn't receive this song :( If it is larger then 10 MB, put it to some hosting, please (like filefront.com) and send me a link.

the iron hitman said:

I have to say...playing that little demo lagged my poor laptop to hell. So to me that's a good sign of LOTS of detail! I can't wait for the finished thing =)

Heh, my comp is lagged too when I play this level. A lot of slopes, 3d-floors and dynamic lights placed together in a large field create a hight lag. So, I try now to make more optimized locations :)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Lag = detail? Hmm...

BoldEnglishman said:

*cough*original version of Grove*cough*
*cough*nuts*cough*

Hmmm... Sorry, but what does it mean?
The wad is in progress. This is a screen from a new level :)

What I meant is that just because a level lags the computer down doesn't necessarily mean that it is ultra-detailed, the original version of Grove by B.P.R.D. and Nuts (by the same guy) are examples of this.

The atmosphere really blew me away, but I can't say I cared much for the dialog. The use of internet slang such as "WTF" and the somewhat laughable punctuation errors ("Oh God what a horrible place?") seemed more like something out of a joke wad.

Craigs said:

The atmosphere really blew me away, but I can't say I cared much for the dialog. The use of internet slang such as "WTF" and the somewhat laughable punctuation errors ("Oh God what a horrible place?") seemed more like something out of a joke wad.

Yes, dialogs aren't good side of the wad. So, creating Cheogsh2 I desided to finish russian-version first of all and then give it to a men with good english to translate the story-line and dialogs.

As for a music for a final battle in Cheogsh.wad IMHO the first variation is more appropriate to a battle-theme then a full MP3-version of Moonlight Nocturne, that is too lyrical.

The Cheogsh2 is in progress. The first logic episode has already finished. I started the second episode and there are 2 screens:

You are offered to watch Cheogsh`s demo, recorded by Nil. I have put it together with GZDoom-r-110 in which it was written. When viewing, it should not be interrupted by activation of other applications (for example, Windows` screensaver), otherwise, the demo can fall out of synchronization. Time - 1:14:11
It's not a MAX-demo, but the exclusive feature of the demo is killing of all satyres by fist (with berserk powerup).

http://files.filefront.com/Gzdoom+r+110+demoCheogshzip/;12020223;/fileinfo.html

Tip for people with older computers or generic Intel chip laptops:

Cheogsh was slow lag lag lag lag lag on my computer but turning dynamic lights off made it run reasonably fast. Cheogsh2 lag lag lag lag lag was lag lag lag lag lag unplayable lag lag lag lag lag on lag lag lag lag lag it, lag lag lag lag lag but turningoffdynamiclightsmaymakeitfasterhavetotrythat :)

EDIT: Yep, turning off dynamic lights gives a HUGE performance gain. Wow!

This is a ridiculously old bump, but I was playing this wad recently and I reached a strange point that I'm not sure is a glitch or something I'm doing incorrectly. The blue key is acquired, apparently, by jumping onto the molten ground, which triggers a cutscene in which you are teleported to another part of the map. The problem is, I die after a few seconds because I just stay down there, helpless, while the cutscene plays. Running it GZDoom, by the way. What's particularly odd about this is, I remember playing this map years ago and not encountering this issue.

What's the point of having a decade and a half of archived content if you can't refer to it when appropriate...

It might be a regression issue. Have you tried getting back to the same point with older versions of GZDoom to see if they had the issue as well? You can cheat to speed up the walkthrough up to that point.

Yup, it's GZDoom problems, especially of the new versions.
I remember that some time ago I mentioned this problem on the ZDoom forums, and Graf took a notice of that, and after a while he told that there's a compatibility fix of that. However, I did not find this fix even up to this day. What went wrong? Ask Graf.

And yes, I think that Cheogsh works well with Zandronum. You might want to check it out.