Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
putzdude

kdizd don't like me

Oh boy, am I in for it! - I am quite possibly a dork, a bork and a retarded Zork. But, try as I may, i can't get KDIZD to run (hangs head out of window in shame in hope that passing truck will swipe it off before you all gang up to laugh at me...)

I've downloaded the latest version of ZDoom (2.17.366) and replaced the previous with this one. My startup .bat reads quite simply "zdoom.exe -IWAD doom.wad -file kdizd.pk3 -warp 3 -skill 4". Yes, the doom.wad is there. Yes, the kdizd.pk3 is there. Yes, the zdoom.ini file has new lines reading stuff like the following:

[Doom.KDIZD.Bindings]
h=locate

[Doom.KDIZD.DoubleBindings]

[Doom.KDIZDweapons.WeaponSlots]
Slot[1]=Fist Chainsaw
Slot[2]=NewPistol
Slot[3]=NewShotgun NewSuperShotgun
Slot[4]=NewChaingun
Slot[5]=RocketLauncher
Slot[6]=KDiZDGrenadeLauncher
Slot[7]=Rifle

so I assume that zdoom is trying to start using kdizd, but i don't recognize ANY changes in graphics when zdoom starts. and that can't be right; right?

So what am I doing wrong???

Konfuzed,
El Putz-Duderino

Your doing -warp 3, which is loading E1M3 as usual.

KDiZD DOES NOT REPLACE EXISTING LEVELS.

Instead, the levels are called Z1M1-Z1M10.

So you can't warp to them using a command line, you have to use "ChangeMap" in the console while the game is running.

EDIT: Incase this isen't clear, the usual levels are E#M#, and typing 'idclev 13' is going to load E1M3. KDiZD's levels are Z#M#.

OK - sussed it! Not such a dorp after all, I bet my brain is at least peanut-sized by now. And that's SAYING something! Wooohhh!!!

PD