Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Monkeys going gangsta

Violent monkey-human interaction is actually not uncommon in places like Africa and South Asia where both coexist. Usually the culprits are baboons though.

Survival of the fittest. If another prime mate feels violence is needed for survival then they could get aggressive. I'd ask you to evaluate a situation in fighting of a starving dog for a piece of jerky as the same situation as a dehydrated simian fighting for water.

Jeez... what is up with these Peta-esque wildlife laws?
Whats more important, Protecting the crops, or protecting
psychotic perverted monkeys? *shudders*

You guys just wait; they'll topple the Statue of Liberty soon enough, and our game will be over.

I saw a TV show a while ago, one of those "EXREAM WILDLYFE" things, which had reports of violent primate behaviour. I think some big ape or gorilla was terrorising some african villages, so they sent out a hunting party to kill it. They also named it Saddam, which was funny

It also had apes which fight wars... as in they form "armies" which work together (as opposed to individual fights between them) to take over another group's territory, usually performing hit-and-run attacks on another group, killing one of them and then running, until all the others are dead or they leave for a safer place.

Maes said:
Ironically, that kind of happened, and wasn't really good for the gorillas:

More like they just got shot, since it doesn't say anything about any guerilla-like behavior on the part of the apes.

myk said:

More like they just got shot, since it doesn't say anything about any guerilla-like behavior on the part of the apes.

Either that, or interpreting 'Gorilla guerillas' as 'guerillas which interact or have to do with gorillas'. Which they did, in fact...

Maes said:
Either that, or interpreting 'Gorilla guerillas' as 'guerillas which interact or have to do with gorillas'.

Even then, guerrillas engage in skirmish style warfare against military forces and targets. These were reputably thugs killing apes to further some enterprise.

EDIT: Improper quoting.

myk said:

Even then, guerrillas engage in skirmish style warfare against military forces and targets. These were reputably thugs killing apes to further some enterprise.

Yup :-( It's really sad how they considered killing gorillas as a credible blackmail/threat means.

Yes, just to clarify, I was referring to gorillas that are guerillas, not guerillas that kill gorillas. Heheh.

Quasar said:

Yes, just to clarify, I was referring to gorillas that are guerillas, not guerillas that kill gorillas. Heheh.

Well, perhaps, with some training.... ;-)