Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

If id Software still had the same classic DOOM team.. (post your ideas)

What kind of games do you think they'd have released?

-I think they'd added one more chapter in the Quake (1) saga.
-The Heretic/Hexen series perhaps should have a better ending than Heretic II (assuming Romero was still messing around in the Raven team).
-It's very possible that they'd release a game similar to Quake II (the Cyber monsters in DOOM/II and Scourge of Armagon point in that direction), but they'd called it something else, or name ir Quake II but with a different story so it's more like a continuation of Quake plot.
-If there was a DOOM 3, it'd be less linear. Dunno about the monsters or engine.
-I bet there'd be more new titles.

Had they been forced to stay together one or more of them would have gone berserk, killing some or all of the others due to severe ego incompatibilities.

myk said:

Had they been forced to stay together one or more of them would have gone berserk, killing some or all of the others due to severe ego incompatibilities.

Well, at least the ones left could make a game out of that. :)

udderdude said:

Instead of Doom 3, we'd have got Diakatana 2 : Frog Boogaloo

By then, my friend, John Romero would have made us all "his bitches", force us to "suck it down" and so we would thoroughly enjoy that hypothetical game, and its fantastic expansion pack "Daikatana 2: rise of the Undead Amphibians".