Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

a few random editing questions

ok, i was gonna put these in seperate threads, but I think i might as well just keep them in the same for the sake of convenience.

1)How does one make the deep water effect in boom? that is, colored sectors, and height transfers?

2)how can one make a snow effect in zdoom (like in Cold as Hell and TNT3)

3)is there a terrain generator for zdoom? and if so, is it possible to merge multiple maps into one map? (for example merging map01 and map02 into one map?) if it helps at all i use the SLADE map editor

Janitor said:

3)is there a terrain generator for zdoom? and if so, is it possible to merge multiple maps into one map? (for example merging map01 and map02 into one map?) if it helps at all i use the SLADE map editor

Grubber had made a very slick terrain generator a couple of years ago. You can get more information at his web site on this page. [The only problem I had with it was that even very small terrain maps resulted in large wad file sizes. Otherwise it was a DooM map creator's dream - easy to use, and it produced fantastic looking results.]

When you ask if it is possible to merge multiple map into one map, I assume you're asking if it is possible to merge one map with generated terrain into another map with differently generated terrain. If I remember correctly, merging two such maps sometimes resulted in messing up the bsp tree creation and a messed up node build. You may find an answer in this ZDooM forum thread.