Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
durandal9

From Batman Doom to Zeno Clash

Hi guys... I just wanted to point out that some Doom editing can lead to a lot in the videogame development world. ACE Team (the same three of us who made Batman Doom) has just announced a new Source game titled "Zeno Clash". You can see info about it on aceteam.cl/zenoclash/ ...and sorry about the website, we know it’s really slow :(

I know this is not directly related to Doom, but its worth mentioning because all of us still feel that making BD and editing for this great game was a really important start in our game development careers.

Carlos Bordeu

durandal9 said:

"Working with Source gives us the features, tools, and flexibility we need in an engine to bring to life a game world beyond anything seen before," said Andres Bordeu, game designer with ACE Team. "Source is an incredibly flexible engine that lets us create environments with rich visuals, expansive and highly-detailed believable characters that interact with players in intelligent-and challenging-ways."

* paid for by Valve Corporation

Seriously, Source is a hassly limited world of pain covered in press hype. You could have been doing much more on anything else but Source.

fraggle said:

Xenu Clash?

Just drive to Clearwater, Florida and start making fun of Scientology. You'll get a Xenu Clash in no time.

Wild guess it's a close combat game. And Zeno is a Greek philosopher famous for his paradoxes. The most well known is Achilles and the tortoise. But another is the arrow paradox which says that is impossible that an arrow moves because at any moment you look at it has an exact location which is equal to any other moment. So it doesn't move. Hence no projectile weapons because their bullet, arrows will never hit you, but knives and fists will.

Hi Linguica. Yes, we were authors of "The Dark Conjunction", which was basically one of the first and only single player mods for Q3A at the time. (planetquake.com/tdc). Interesting project with a lot of challenges, but I don't think it went as well as BD (though it did have its good moments).

Danarchy said:

That sounds like the dumbest argument ever.

Well I ended up reading about the guy after I posted this, and yes...dumbest philosopher ever.

Danarchy said:

That sounds like the dumbest argument ever.

Not really. It drew attention to the fact that the Greeks' mathematical description of the world around them at the time needed to be improved. There need to be people pointing this sort of thing out in order to drive understanding forward.

It's a tiny bit like the way Maxwell's Equations led more or less inevitably to the Theory of Relativity, as the effects indicated by them contradicted pre-relativistic dynamics.

leileilol said:

* paid for by Valve Corporation

Seriously, Source is a hassly limited world of pain covered in press hype. You could have been doing much more on anything else but Source.

You're annoying beyond measure.

Looks awesome but I gotta say the skins look a little flat on the models, kinda plasticky. Otherwise everything looks awesome.

The name seems like an oxymoron, since if Zeno said things can't really move, how could they ever clash together?

The world theme (not the game play) seems to be similar to the one used for id's oncoming Rage.

Thanks for checking in, you guys are a continuing inspiration to mod makers... at least, you should be.