Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaikoten

Future 32in24s

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the past 32in24 projects, played the maps, or generally supported the projects. This is going to be a regular thing from now on, as long as we have support, and interest in the project has never been higher.

There has been a call for diversifying the rulesets for 32in24, to perhaps allow for ZDoom SP/DM, an semi-organized and linked SP megawad, and a CTF wad. I can say with certainty that some of these will be happening in the future.

A lot of people post in the project threads that they wish they had more warning for when the project was starting. Well here's the deal. Future 32in24s will start at Midnight, EST, Sundays and last through Sunday. It won't be announced if a 32in24 is running until a couple of hours before the starting time Saturday night. We are planning on running at least one, possibly 2 32in24s a month.

Our development threads will be right here on Doomworld, and our IRC channel is #32in24 on OFTC.net. Our webiste, which is useless except for maybe a chuckle, is http://rednexus.net/32in24

I encourage you to check in with us Saturday night, and if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for themes or rules, please post them here.

possible 32in24 - fixed set of textures

there would be like 25 new totaly not-from-doom textures of varying themes, wad would only ONLY use those textures

Sounds cool to me. I was thinking maybe a 1024 32in24 project would be pretty cool...just throwing that idea out there.

I want to contribute with the project, possibly the SP megawad if possible(since with DM maps i always sucked). Thanks.

I'm agree with Mechadon for the 1024 levels idea.

EDIT: The 32in24 site is a total f**king crap.

Nebula-Kristian said:

What a better way to spend a sw1satyrday hangover than mapping 32in24 ;D

Oh the pun-ishment :(

daimonreloaded said:

EDIT: The 32in24 site is a total f**king crap.

I disagree.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Hey! I like the site : (.

Huge American flags (well, the usa that looks like a flag) and photos of navy seals with patriotic background music never leads to anything good.

hardcore_gamer said:

Huge American flags (well, the usa that looks like a flag) and photos of navy seals with patriotic background music never leads to anything good.

Its supposed to be humorous :P.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Hey! I like the site :(. (Be nice if it actually had screens though.)

Yeah, those other pages will be made eventually.

Yay, what new themes will it be?
(I remember we/you talked about ctf at some point)

How about Themed 32in24s? Like Nukage themed, or hell themed, or techbase themed, or outside areas and so on.

Icarus said:

How about Themed 32in24s? Like Nukage themed, or hell themed, or techbase themed, or outside areas and so on.

Well, one of the future 32in24 plans is somewhat like that. You'll see :)

esselfortium said:

Well, one of the future 32in24 plans is somewhat like that. You'll see :)

Hurrah! :)

daimonreloaded said:
BTW the sp megawad main aim is, in less word, a hub-level isn't? [/B]

Nothing is ever, ever finalized with this project until the rules are posted. I don't decide what the rules are going to be until a couple hours before the project is going to start, although these first few wads have been relatively simple, so that isn't a big problem.

Basically, no one knows for sure what the aims of the future projects are, that's what makes it speedmapping in it's purest form, in my opinion. Don't stress too hard about what future rules might be, just let the ideas flow off of the top of your head when you're told. The main thing is to have fun with it.

Just to repeat, there seems to have been some confusion; the actual mapping is being done on SUNDAYS. You just want to check in Saturday nights.

Also, I'm not offended at you calling my website total fucking crap in the least! It's exactly what I intended it to be, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Your loss if you don't get the jokes :)

Haha the site is gold. Make more pages on there. The most recent 32in24 that I took part in was a lot of fun. I hope to take part in the future.

I'd like to join on any possible if I get to know the following...

1. ZDoom compatible or stick with pretty much regular Doom 2?
2. If Compatible with Zdoom, allowance of special linedefs? But won't go with scripting cause eh, sometimes its not needed.
3. Any specifications?

And FYI, that site takes all the Doom feel right away. =(

Mithral_Demon said:

I'd like to join on any possible if I get to know the following...

1. ZDoom compatible or stick with pretty much regular Doom 2?
2. If Compatible with Zdoom, allowance of special linedefs? But won't go with scripting cause eh, sometimes its not needed.
3. Any specifications?

And FYI, that site takes all the Doom feel right away. =(

All of the 32in24s we've done so far have been for Boom format, making them entirely compatible with Odamex, Skulltag, and Zdaemon. We might do a ZDoom-format 32in24 in the future, but for now we're just doing Boom, for compatibility and simplicity.

Mithral_Demon said:

Boom Format is compatible ZDoom and Skulltag is ZDoom...

Ah, mk, I can do simplicity like that then Doom2 format at most part then, right?

What?

Boom format is similar to basic Doom/Doom2 format, but with additional linetypes and a "generalized linedef" feature, where you can put together different parameters (for example, Action: Door, Type: Open Wait Close, Trigger: Switch Repeatable, Speed: Turbo, Wait: 1 Second, Monsters: No) to create your line triggers.

Shaikoten said:

Nothing is ever, ever finalized with this project until the rules are posted. I don't decide what the rules are going to be until a couple hours before the project is going to start, although these first few wads have been relatively simple, so that isn't a big problem.

Basically, no one knows for sure what the aims of the future projects are, that's what makes it speedmapping in it's purest form, in my opinion. Don't stress too hard about what future rules might be, just let the ideas flow off of the top of your head when you're told. The main thing is to have fun with it.

Just to repeat, there seems to have been some confusion; the actual mapping is being done on SUNDAYS. You just want to check in Saturday nights.

Also, I'm not offended at you calling my website total fucking crap in the least! It's exactly what I intended it to be, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Your loss if you don't get the jokes :)

Ok. So, i'll wait for midnight!

Just as a heads up, the 32in24 team is itching to try out a new set of rules that will hopefully give the series a much more consistent, higher quality. We're smoothing out exactly what we're going to be doing, but expect a new 32in24 within the next few weeks, on Sundays as always.

Tormentor667 said:

A little off topic, but I wanted to thank you guys for 32in24 CTF. Excellent set of CTF maps!

Thanks Torm, glad you enjoyed it. You should join us for a 32in24 sometime, it's fun.