Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Judge Mortis WIP

Marvel Toys' recent Legendary Comic Book Heroes toy series has put me in a Judge Dredd frame of mind. Here's a Judge Mortis (one of the four Dark Judges, and Judge Death's good buddy) action figure that I've been working on. I started him Tuesday morning, and, after two days of some serious sculpting, all I have left to do now is make the legs and tail, and then assemble his lower body and connect it to the upper. I estimate he'll stand about 4 to 4-1/2 inches tall and have around 25-30 points of articulation total when complete [he's got 15 working joints at the moment--8 in the arms (shoulder pads, shoulders, elbows, and wrists), 5 in the veretbrae of the neck, 1 jawbone, and 1 mid-torso].

For comparison purposes, below are four images of Judge Mortis from different media. The first, on the top left, is cover art (Brian Bollard) from an issue of 2000 A.D.; the second, on the top right is collectible card art (Simon Bisley); the bottom left is a Heroclix game figure; and, the bottom right is a screenshot from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) Judge Dredd video game.

I've never seen or heard of this guy, but yet again I've only seen the movie for Judge Dredd. He looks pretty interesting. Compared to the pics below, the model is comming off very well. The only thing is that his top set of teeth are not very visible in some of your shots. It could be the lighting I'm not sure.

I finished Senor Mortis late Friday, but, due to the Labor Day weekend, I wasn't able to get online till today in order to do an update:

Web page with more info:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/judge_mortis.html

This is a Head Cook mini action figure, with accessories, (an enemy character from the 1992 Game Boy Namco video game Great Greed) that I made over the weekend, after finishing Mortis:

For comparison purposes, below are three images of Head Cook, taken from the video game. The first, on the left, is his "neutral" pose, the second, in the middle, is his "attack" pose, and the third, on the right, is his "death" pose. Great Greed is an older Game Boy game, which is why the graphics are gray-scale.

Web page with more info:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/headcook.html

And, lastly, when world's collide:

another nice pair of figures. nice work on the chef. flames came out great and nice bloody stumps. judge mortis is fantastic. love the head and dragon skeleton shoulder guard.