Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

J Doom problems

I just downloaded this in hopes of something neat. but instead, when I try to get it to workd\, I get this message.

317 text strings
69 map info blocks
parsing config files
drOpenGL.init: Open GL driver not accelerated!
use the -allowsoftware option to bypass this

then it just ends and closes then ad there. I just got Quake 2 in software open GL mode..
could someone tell me how I can get this to work?

then it just ends and closes then ad there. I just got Quake 2 in software open GL mode..

Ummmh, ok. Whatever floats your boat.

I just downloaded this in hopes of something neat. but instead, when I try to get it to workd\, I get this message.

317 text strings
69 map info blocks
parsing config files
drOpenGL.init: Open GL driver not accelerated!
use the -allowsoftware option to bypass this

could someone tell me how I can get this to work?

Oh, I think I know what's wrong. Check and see if you have a .dll named opengl32.dll. If you do, put it in your JDoom folder, or your Windows/system directory. If you don't, you might want to check this place to see if you can download it.

the game won't accelerate otherwise, but that one works, so I;m not worried about that one right now ;)
I just wanna get Jdoom working

Oh, I think I know what's wrong. Check and see if you have a .dll named opengl32.dll.

We don't even know if he has a Glide-based video card...

Oh, I think I know what's wrong. Check and see if you have a .dll named opengl32.dll. If you do, put it in your JDoom folder, or your Windows/system directory. If you don't, you might want to check this place to see if you can download it.

I put in in there, but I still get the exact same results

We don't even know if he has a Glide-based video card...

Well here's what I got.
a TNT 2 NVIDA something or other. I think that's the full name

Okay, now I got it working. thanx!
but now there's something esle. how do I go back to sprites, rather than those ass ugly 3d monsters? It says on the Jdoom page to make them 3d to make sure the 3d models option is set to yes in the graphics menu.
I see no such option