Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SteelPH

why is vavoom so god damned slow?

While wer're on the topic of Vavoom, whats up with the strife support??? for some reason there is NO sound, software runs at about 2fps and opengl is also slow, but acceptable and very buggy.. dissapointing because I think strife is a very cool game and if vavoom could be perfected to run good with it it would have 100% market share for strife ports ;)

I tried Vavoom on a 300MHz PII with a 32MB Savage4 card. It didn't like running in GL for the longest time until after a reformat. The gameplay did feel slow though (sort of like Quake on a 486 (or maybe just Quake in general).

The lights kicked ass though. I thought that was really really neat. As for the sprites being stuck in the floor, I can't see why because Legacy doesn't do that in GL.

I'll have to try it on my new 1.8GHz P4 with my 64MB GeForce2 and watch it rock!

I just tried out Vavoom out on my new AthlonXP 1700 (with GF2 MX 400 64mb) and the FPS are on 32 all the time (OpenGL, 32bit). Even the Doom2 demo level does not manage to get the FPS lower :)
Now Vavoom seems even more impressive then before. Very nice!

Originally posted by Tarin
I just tried out Vavoom out on my new AthlonXP 1700 (with GF2 MX 400 64mb) and the FPS are on 32 all the time (OpenGL, 32bit). Even the Doom2 demo level does not manage to get the FPS lower :)
Now Vavoom seems even more impressive then before. Very nice!

Runs about that good for me too, actually... although I'm just on a T-Bird 1400 :P

Ugh, dont talk to me about Vavoom. Its not even the DOOM engine. Just another blandish 3d engine that has the ability to use Dooms data.

Originally posted by Night-Fang
Ugh, dont talk to me about Vavoom. Its not even the DOOM engine. Just another blandish 3d engine that has the ability to use Dooms data.

So what?