Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gangstadawg

any wads/mods based off alien trilogy?

i was wondering is there any mods/WADs based off the alien trilogy game (or avp game/movies)?

it could be a wad file that has other non-alien trilogy like characters/weapons in it like the neodoom mod (it had a lot of doom2/duke nukem characters in it but it had also xenomorphs and predators).

All these mods seem to be based on the first 2 Aliens movies and on the AvP comics, and not on the more recent movies (Alien 3, Alien Ressurection, Alien vs Predator)

Lorenzo

A while back I asked Csabo if he could add support to XWE for extracting Alien Trilogy graphics. I was quite keen on ripping the sprites and other graphics.

Unfortunately, although he was able to get the resource files open-able in XWE, Csabo couldn't decode the graphics format. So, as far as I'm aware, it isn't possible to get the graphics out of the game. :(

Lorenzo said:

All these mods seem to be based on the first 2 Aliens movies and on the AvP comics, and not on the more recent movies (Alien 3, Alien Ressurection, Alien vs Predator)

Lorenzo

Probably because the series went to shit after Aliens :P

Quasar said:

Probably because the series went to shit after Aliens :P

Alien3 wasn't terrible, it just pissed me off that they pretty much destroyed the whole story that had been building up to in Aliens. I would have loved to see what someone could have done with William Gibson's script.

Somewhere on the ZDoom forums there's a demo of a wad that uses stuff from the Alien Trilogy game. It had Stephen Root's music, aliens, all that good stuff. You'll need GZDoom to play it, though.

Don't ask me for a link either, because I'm not going to sift though the ZDoom forums trying to find it for you. It's in there somewhere.

kristus said:

Well, it's hideous anyway, so it doesn't matter.

There must be something in there that isn't too bad? It'd be nice to be able to poke around inside the resources anyway.

Well, since I pretty much loathe the whole excersise of ripping, I don't really care about the prospects of rummaging through a computer game that was so rank that I didn't even enjoy it when I was eating just about anything that had the label Aliens on it.

I find it fun just to look at the resources and maybe find unusual stuff in the game even if I don't plan on using anything - like, for example, the unused sprites that can be found in Doom IWADs are fun to discover for the first time.

I have to agree, the Alien Trilogy game itself was far from being a masterpiece but I would like a closer look at what's in there. Playing the game doesn't really let me inspect stuff that closely.

Fair enough. ;)

One thing I did like about the PSX version of AT was the CD music. I thought it worked quite well. I don't remember what the PC version music was like.