Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xebarsis

Door Issues

I've been reading through the Doom Builder Guide on learning the basics. I've reached the part where it explains how to make a door open after walking over a linedef, but I can't get it to work. I even opened the demo.wad and tested it, and even on their example map the door will not open when I walk over the linedef that is set to do so. Would someone please explain to me how to open a door by walking over a linedef if it's not too much trouble? Thanks.

You must give the linedef a tag number. Right-click on the linedef.After giving it the "Action" you must give it a Sector tag number. Just select the Next Unused button. Now give this EXACT same number to your door sector.

... hope this helps ...

I already gave each thing the tag number of one, and the door still refused to open. It doesn't even work on the demo.wad that came with the guide. I tried to figure it out on my own by opening doom.wad and checking out the first level where there's a platform that lowers when you walk over a certain linedef, but strangely enough the tag on the linedef was 2 and the tag on the platform that lowers is 0. My conception of action linedefs (if that's what they are called) are so screwed up now. :(

I've just looked at demo.wad and see your problem. Activation lines 12 and 67 are too close to the door ( 16 map units ), so the player cannot fully cross the line ( player radius 32 ) This distance would need to be increased. So it appears to be a map error ... ;)