Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blarg

Replacing intermission text screens

Is there a way for me to replace the text in the big screens of text? (such as between maps 06 and 07 that begins "You see before you an outpost of hell..." or something like that.) I assume it's the same as if you want to replace the level name, but I don't know what to name my file.

Unlike the level names you see in the intermission screen, the texts are hardcoded in the executable. The usual way to change them (as well as the level names appearing when you look at the automap) is through DeHackEd.

Some engines use other methods (such as a MapInfo lump), but DeHackEd is the most universal, and works even with the standard engine.

you may have trouble running it, you may want to try the windows version of it instead. It's called WhackEd.

Here's another question: Is there any way to put a 320x200 size picture behind those intermission text screens instead of floor textures?

Sinfis said:
Here's another question: Is there any way to put a 320x200 size picture behind those intermission text screens instead of floor textures?

Normally, no, but engines supporting ZDoom's MapInfo lump can do that.