Find results in...
Lorenzo

The Persephone Outpost

Steeveeo said:

Nice, lets jsut hope it plays well.

Low gravity I hope?

Low Gravity ? What do you mean ?

Lorenzo

Well, the shots just cover 3 or 4 areas... there are other areas with interesting elements, plus some special effects.
Hint : Stargate. And i don't mean a stupid stargate texture...

Lorenzo

For some reason, those shots remind me of System Shock. Can't say why, but I mean that as a compliment. :)

Please reconsider your decision to use the tile modifications of star* textures everywhere. Using them in any more than a very small, careful amount makes your map look like a padded room from an insane asylum.

Lorenzo said:
Low Gravity ? What do you mean ?

Persephone was a name suggested for the "tenth planet" beyond Pluto. It's also the name of a (real) asteroid that's quite a bit bigger than either Phobos or Deimos. So I guess it should have more gravity than any E1 or E2 map :-)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Those modified STAR-whatever textures look like shit. Otherwise, I love it.

CODOR said:

Persephone was a name suggested for the "tenth planet" beyond Pluto. It's also the name of a (real) asteroid that's quite a bit bigger than either Phobos or Deimos. So I guess it should have more gravity than any E1 or E2 map :-)

Well, "Persephone" is just a name as good as any other; the map is set on Earth so there is a regular 1 g gravity.

Really no one likes the textures ?

Lorenzo

Snarboo said:

For some reason, those shots remind me of System Shock. Can't say why, but I mean that as a compliment. :)

Probably because of the similar overall structure of the base and all the tiled textures.

Graf Zahl said:

Not in the quantities in which they are used here.

Well, I like a lot the textures I'm using; however I'm open to all the suggestions: wich type of textures do you think i should use?

Lorenzo