Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

BucketDM

So I gave up on releasing 32 deathmatch levels at once. No biggie. I was still futher along than I thought and 16 is a good number.

http://rapidshare.com/files/55072797/bucketdm.wad.html

This is a Vanilla Doom2-compatible wad. If anyone is able to test this wad in Vanilla DM, I'd really appreciate feedback. Otherwise, it should be good for every source port and I've hosted servers in Skulltag. You've probably already seen screenshots but here they are:

Thanks. I tried to shoot for some unconventional layouts and put some vertical action in there. I wasn't sure how the "king of the hill" map (or the other themed stuff) would turn out, so I hope there'll be more playtesters...

Good screenshots. I'll play these with a friend when I get a chance. I really like your work and those don't look like some generic layouts that are in the dime a dozen DM wads.

I like the multi-themed aspect. Especially the marble area. God I love marble. Marble marble marble...
Anyway, nice map.

the screenshots irked me as it just looked like generic 94 maps.

there seems to be a lot of fun here, nothing too serious. the number of spheres around the place and the the randomness of the texturing tend to confirm this.

couple of the maps, i think 8 and 9 seemed too large for the pack and i noticed a couple of remakes of earlier maps in here. map12 seems a bit stunted i think... and not sure i agree with using water for a ceiling flat anywhere...
map14 was too linear and i didn't like the way the lifts only worked one way, too much waiting around there.
but i love the Wolfenstein map :>

overall it's ok, map sizes vary a little too much for any consistent number of players but it'd be good for a couple of plays through. it's fun and quite creative with use of lifts and structures in places. just dunno if it'd bear up to repeat plays.

Aesthetics aside, I kind of see what you're saying. The maps were designed for 4-player free-for-all in Vanilla Doom2, while keeping in mind that people would likely use a source port. So in my mind, the maps had to be larger than just arenas, but still navigable.

Do you have any suggestions to make the flow of the maps more consistent? One idea is to transplant the north part of MAP09 and drop it in MAP12. MAP14 is a "king of the hill" map, so I don't want to do much with that. Maybe it just doesn't belong.