Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

Two new projects have begun...

One I am starting on right now called DoomRPG (later will be named an appropriate title)

and the other is a 1 hub (6 level) project for Hexen. I am still thinking about my current project DSV 4, and decided to end it on the 18th map. Which will then automatically go to map 30 (thanks to Fragglescript) yeah, I am a little tired of it, but still, I'll try to touch it up before I end it.

As for the Doom RPG, I am going to create a all new site for it only, and hopefully get it hosted here at Doomworld.

This new doom rpg will have 4 characters including our main Doom guy, followed by Crash, The Mage from Hexen, and Phobos (from Quake 3)

Like every rpg, there will be a magic system, which is why I am going to include the mage in this rpg, and "fighting" system for the other 3 characters.

Monsters will included all enemies from Doom, Doom II, Heretic, and Hexen. There will also be some new monsters as well.

I already got the editor used to create the rpg game, all I am going to do now, is to get some Doom gfx from the wad as well create some of the battle scenes.

I'll let you folks know hows the progress is comming along.

cheers

An RPG.....haven't played one of those in quite some time. The last one I played in recent memory would be Super Mario RPG on the ancient Super NES.
Oh well, hurry up and finish it! Sounds interesting!!!

That sounds sweet, but i'm confused: Is it going to be using the Doom2 engine or going to be an independant RPG? meh.

I've got a map-in-progress that i may release next week. The setting is doomguy + friends in a battle to reclaim an overthrown earth UAC base. He has tank. Friends don't. Friends all die. Tank gets junked. He has to infiltrate the base and destroy the monsters. It's looking really promising so far. There are machinegun nests, a cool silo-ish sentry tower and a surprisingly realistic looking tank (surprising considering Doom's engine:) I may post a pic sometime.

I am very interrested in knowing what editor you are using, and how you go about making the RPG. Post a link as soon as you get you site up.

As for the Doom RPG, I am going to create a all new site for it only, and hopefully get it hosted here at Doomworld.

Cool, but dont count on it. I tried, never even got a reply.

Its called RPGMaker2000 and its created by the ever talented Don Miguel

Home Page here

its going to be a bitch gathering all the custom gfx for use with the Doom RPG, but I'll get as much I can get to make this project feel like Doom.

and the other is a 1 hub (6 level) project for Hexen.

You just made my day... ^_^

The MINUTE I get done with the unnamed heretic project I will learn ACS and do stuff for hexen.

...or you could just map for Hexen and learn ACS while you need it.

(sorry, new content for Hexen = ME LIKES)

Its called RPGMaker2000 and its created by the ever talented Don Miguel

Home Page here

its going to be a bitch gathering all the custom gfx for use with the Doom RPG, but I'll get as much I can get to make this project feel like Doom.

I had a feeling. I've played a few games using that program before, and I'm rather impressed with it. I have a feeling your RPG could turn out very well. If you need help gathering graphics, just ask.

and the other is a 1 hub (6 level) project for Hexen.

You just made my day... ^_^

yeah, I love acs scripting....

too bad I never made much of those kind of maps....

thats why I am making one now :D

Once ZDoom incorporates full Hexen support I'll probably look at doing a Hexen hub... never edited Hexen before so it should be interesting. I could cheat now and do a Heretic hub, but I'm directing my attention elsewhere at the moment (hint: follow the Doom - The Arcade Game link).

I'm quite good at rpg2000 and I have the rtp and everything already. If you need help I'll be willing.

[cartman voice] sweet [/cartman voice]

I keep note of your email/icq :)