Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prestosd

Stuck in Freedoom

Hey, I'm kinda stuck. I've always been able to get unstuck, eventually. But I don't have time to waste messing around.

I'm on the level right after it pops up the message about infiltrating the high security base and stuff. (I think it's lvl 7 or something) and when you start you're in an elevator that's 10ft or so below a large square room with laser shooting spider dudes in the corners. I killed 'em. Now I'm stuck, there's a button on one of these platforms in the corner. But you can't reach it, it's in the wall a bit to far. There's some sort of floor combination you have to do to get it to open. I've got the first bit, but I don't know the rest.

If you run onto these metal panels it makes this sound, and I think if you do the right combination of panel stepping it opens something.

There is a step supposed to raise out of the floor in front of the switch after you kill all spiders. What port are you using? I tried it with ZDoom and PRBoom, and both worked fine. IIRC there was a bug in an older ZDoom release which caused to raise the floor twice if you killed the last 2 spiders at the same time... so if you're using ZDoom you might need to update.

Hmm, no step. There's kind of a stone thingy, but no step. And I can't hit the switch no matter how hard I try. :(

I'm using DoomLegacy for mac. :|

Happened to me once, but I killed myself and started the map again and it worked after that. I dunno, i guess it doesnt work sometimes.

I think ZDoom/Skulltag had a bug where the step wouldn't rise if you killed two of the spiders at nearly the same time (something like if you kill the last one when the second-to-last is still in its death frames). Maybe Legacy does that too?

Ah, okay! I'll try killing each one at a time, and make sure the death frames are over before it starts another...get back to you later...