Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Non-Fanatic_Doom_Fan

videos have out of sync sound

Yeah, I tried searching for this but to no avail. I have a ton of vids on my computer, no jokes please, in all different formats. AVI, MPEG, WMV. All of which worked fine until a few days ago. All of a sudden all of my videos have out of sync sound. I have tried different players, WMP, Real, QT, VLC, MPC. A few of my videos will play fine on one of the players, but most of them stay fucked up no matter what I play them with. I don't know what the problem can be but I'm really riled.

You've angered Syncius, the god of video. Clearly, you must repent.
In all seriousness, I have no clue as to a cause.

Non-Fanatic_Doom_Fan said:

I could be going over my head here, but why would my current drivers or codecs be the problem if the videos used to work and now don't?

Have you installed/downloaded any programs recently?

A game or two, great sig.

Thanks, I try.
Anyway, this is a very bizarre issue you're having. Did you try downloading another video to test the sync, to see whether it's the files or the players/codecs?

Actually yeah, and the new vid played fine. Although I find that inconclusive since like I said a few of my vids do still play right when played with the right player. Anybody know a really all inclusive codec pack I can d/l?

I could be going over my head here, but why would my current drivers or codecs be the problem if the videos used to work and now don't?

Possible corruption/removal/windows updates? Who knows. I've had to reinstall codecs once before when my movies decided to stop playing.

Actually yeah, and the new vid played fine. Although I find that inconclusive since like I said a few of my vids do still play right when played with the right player. Anybody know a really all inclusive codec pack I can d/l?

I use gordianknot, but thats a few years out of date. Still plays all of the stuff I have (using Media Player Classic).

Well I fixed the original problem. I now have just a few files that won't synch up, and those are really old and I think just crappy quality. No biggie. All I did was just uninstall all of my codecs and players, including WMP, and reinstall them. Now everything works fine, except for said few files. Is there no program out there that synchs up such files?

I think you can change the audio delay in Media Player Classic.

You could manually change it, but it would take a while as you would have to reencode the movie(s). But it still sounds like a codec issue.