Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Is Doom 64 coming on the wii shop channel?

Well is it? If so then when? I know allot of people would get it as it was one of the best N64 games around. And i haven't seen a single first person shooter on the wii shop channel ether.

I think if a game sold ## of units and the company that made it is down with releasing it, they plan on releasing them for the VC.

Does Midway still have access to a doom license though? Most likely not. I imagine something like that would come into play.

Although, we did get a Konami TMNT game

Acidic Lamb said:

I think it probably will because it made it to xbox 360.

No, you're thinking of classic, plain ol' Doom. This was different, and only released on N64.

It has a better chance of making it then Wolfenstein on the SNES. Virtual console is one of the more innovative gimmicks because while you can emulate the on your PC, it just isn't the same as on the Wii.

POTGIESSER said:

It has a better chance of making it then Wolfenstein on the SNES. Virtual console is one of the more innovative gimmicks because while you can emulate the on your PC, it just isn't the same as on the Wii.

Seems like it could only be BETTER on the PC, if for no other reason that you have more options.

You indeed have more options with the PC. You also don't have use your creditcard to buy wii points so you can spend them on downloading the roms to your console. Wolf3d SNES was just sheer sarcasm, I'd laugh if it came to wii virtual console. It's so terrible I don't think anyone in their right mind would DL it.

POTGIESSER said:

You indeed have more options with the PC. You also don't have use your creditcard to buy wii points so you can spend them on downloading the roms to your console. Wolf3d SNES was just sheer sarcasm, I'd laugh if it came to wii virtual console. It's so terrible I don't think anyone in their right mind would DL it.

Wolf3D is way too advanced for the Wii's target audience...
...retards and toddlers.

Wii-hatred aside, why would I pay for a game that I can get for free (by means of D64: Absolution)?

yomoneyboat said:

why would I pay for a game that I can get for free (by means of D64: Absolution)?

A Wii owner might want the actual game for their console. The PC TC is similar to the N64 original, but has differences large and small.
(Seems DoomDepot's offline again to boot...)

yomoneyboat said:

Wii-hatred aside, why would I pay for a game that I can get for free (by means of D64: Absolution)?

I'm sure it basically boils down to the convenience of playing it in the living room as opposed to wherever the PC is.

AndrewB said:

I'm sure it basically boils down to the convenience of playing it in the living room as opposed to wherever the PC is.

I really could care less where my video games are played.

yomoneyboat said:

Wolf3D is way too advanced for the Wii's target audience...
...retards and toddlers.

(Score -1, Troll)