Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24 Five (9/16/07) [COMPLETE]

DD_133 said:

Well at least the mapping is all done, now we just have to wait for someone to compile it and throw it out there! This should be interesting.

DD is compiling it <3

k, so i just checked it all out.
on map13 the corridor with skulls behind metal bars bordered above and below by wood, well idk about other ports but on Zdaemon with it's inferior tiling of irregular sized textures then that wood has some nasty cyan tooti frooti on it.

damn, map15 came out kinda similar to the one Bucket and i did with the central tower and icy caves... oh, and that map ended up right after it too...
and umm... yeah, speaking of that one, after all i said above about setting your own sky it seems someone removed the sector i had outside the map which did this so the map now has SKY2 :?
it's totally not a SKY2 or a SKY3 map and y'know i did exactly the same in 32in24-4 and that wasn't removed :/
with the similarity of the map before then surely a variance in skies would be a good thing?

aside from those couple of things this appears to be an awesome body of work! :D

exp(x) said:

Map 10's BFG area has massive booty HOMs in prboom+.

Oh fack, they're in ZDaemon too! D:

Cybershark said:

k, so i just checked it all out.
on map13 the corridor with skulls behind metal bars bordered above and below by wood, well idk about other ports but on Zdaemon with it's inferior tiling of irregular sized textures then that wood has some nasty cyan tooti frooti on it.

Thanks! I just fixed this for the next beta.

damn, map15 came out kinda similar to the one Bucket and i did with the central tower and icy caves... oh, and that map ended up right after it too...
and umm... yeah, speaking of that one, after all i said above about setting your own sky it seems someone removed the sector i had outside the map which did this so the map now has SKY2 :?
it's totally not a SKY2 or a SKY3 map and y'know i did exactly the same in 32in24-4 and that wasn't removed :/
with the similarity of the map before then surely a variance in skies would be a good thing?

Sorry, I ditched the sky transfers from a few maps to get better map-to-map consistency. :( I put the snow maps with SKY2 for the white to contrast against the dark sky.

EDIT: Also, yeah, I know I screwed up the music when I was changing the map order for beta 2. I'll try to get it fixed later.

Map05's music is missing.
Map06 could use some music.
Map18's music <3
Thanks for picking Map22's music, whoever did it, it fits nicely. :)

For map05, OdaCTF map01's mid (CV:HoD) would be nice. :)

Wow! All I can say is "Wow!" :) Amazing, I just tested this and it looks amazing and please quite nice with Skulltag Bots, so I am sure this is a blast online :)
The detail is very well done and the maps look awesome, all of them! Great release and thx for making this possible :)

Here are some minor mapping errors I've found in Beta 3:

MAP07:
Linedefs #1109 and #224 should be removed

MAP15:
Linedef #517 is tiny and the 2nd vertex is not connected to anything
Linedef #172 is tiny, should remove and merge the vertices

MAP16:
Vertices #1853 and #1854 are not connected (to linedef #2024)
Vertices #1700 and #1701 are not connected (to linedef #1740)

MAP18:
Linedef #549 at (-354,-2178) has wrong front sector
Linedef #312 and #251 at (-888,-2170) have wrong front sector

MAP20:
Sector #44 is super thin

MAP21:
Linedef #294 at (-1216,-658) has wrong back sector

MAP30:
Linedef #2405 and #2317 have wrong front sector
Linedef #2429 is tiny, should remove and merge the vertices
Sectors #283, #285, #302..#304 are super thin

Ajapted said:

MAP16:
Vertices #1853 and #1854 are not connected (to linedef #2024)
Vertices #1700 and #1701 are not connected (to linedef #1740)

seems quite irrelevant. looking at it again now, i'm more concerned that linedef1781 has another line underneath it :o

and i'm so glad to see this numbering system in effect on the betas. it's fine to have a bunch of files with the same name when you're only concerned with SP gameplay but the amount of similarly named 32in24-4's around has caused some havoc.
i had a server running on Zdaemon for a week which was totally useless as i used deathz0r's link to the file and it got updated shortly after i'd fired up the server. pure genius.
then last night was supposed to be a big party for it as the week's Zdaemon Sessions WAD, only half the folks (including the server admins) have that prior version while i'm waving around the new one.

anyways, i'll be renaming the last version to '32in24-4final' to avoid any future confusion and mishaps.

One bug I found in this otherwise excellent level collection: In MAP31, in a Boom-compatible port outside of ZDoom and its brethren, the exit door cannot be opened from either side. This is because it's an untagged "switch repeatable" door, rather than a "door repeatable" door. Just letting you know.

Apart from that, good work, guys!

The Green Herring said:

One bug I found in this otherwise excellent level collection: In MAP31, in a Boom-compatible port outside of ZDoom and its brethren, the exit door cannot be opened from either side. This is because it's an untagged "switch repeatable" door, rather than a "door repeatable" door. Just letting you know.

Apart from that, good work, guys!

I discovered this and fixed it yesterday for the next beta, but didn't say anything about it. Good catch, though!

I'm really hoping beta4 is going to be the last one :[

A couple more minor mapping errors in Beta 3:

MAP23:
(the fake floor feature)
Linedefs #905, #924 #931, #933, #935, #937, #939, #941 cross over other linedefs without a vertex.

MAP25:
Linedef #1107 at (-390, 262) is missing a back sidedef.

MAP27:
(the fake bridge feature)
Has linedefs which cross over each other without a vertex.
Thar is not valid mapping.
While it normally works in a software renderer, for GL ports they are a problem (with the rendering) because it causes invalid GL nodes.

MAP14:
Lots of very thin sectors here. I'm not sure what they are for.
They might a problem, because when building NORMAL nodes and one of the linedefs is split, the split point lacks precision and hence the subsector can end up invalid.
They are probably harmless, but best avoided imo.

You still can't open the exit door in MAP31 outside of ZDoom and ZDoom-based engines. :( Even worse, if you attempt to open that door outside of those engines with the "linedefs work with sector tag = 0" function turned on, every untagged sector will attempt to open like a door with nasty results. Also, one of the teleport destination Things in MAP32 is off-center, although I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. Other than that, things still seem fine so far!

The Green Herring said:

You still can't open the exit door in MAP31 outside of ZDoom and ZDoom-based engines. :( Even worse, if you attempt to open that door outside of those engines with the "linedefs work with sector tag = 0" function turned on, every untagged sector will attempt to open like a door with nasty results. Also, one of the teleport destination Things in MAP32 is off-center, although I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. Other than that, things still seem fine so far!

Is the map31 exit door still broken in beta 4? I know I fixed that, but there were some things I had to fix twice in map31 due to it not getting saved the first time...

32in24MaintenanceBot said:

Is the map31 exit door still broken in beta 4? I know I fixed that, but there were some things I had to fix twice in map31 due to it not getting saved the first time...

Yeah, it's still broken, sadly.

The wad is done! It has been for quite a while! Me and Essel are both being too lazy to send it to newstuff :)

VileSlay said:

cool. why not post a link here for it and change the thread title?

beta 4b, a couple of posts above you, is the final version. :)

yeah, wouldn't have taken much would it?
although i can quite understand if after all the work you guys put in you just wanted to forget about it, lol.