Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

BLAH

Here is a place that is my #1 spot on the Web for getting Doom levels.
What are your number one level downloading sites?

Ummmmm, ain't it supposed to be FTP, not HTTP?

Yes.

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

Liam is an assrabbit.

I just made that up. But it's probably true.

No Shady, it never fails. I love the Doom community =]

Liam is an assrabbit.

Assrabbit, rofl. That reminds me of my 4th grade competitions with other kids of putting "ass" and another word together in order to come up with the most amusing insult :p

Assrabbit. That's cute. =)

Hey kids, are you tired of those stupid fucking GIF transparancies? Do they make the websites you want to design look like ass? Do they limit your choice of backgrounds because of aliasing?

Well fret no more.

Check this shit out. Note that you need Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater to see it. What are you looking at? Well if you still see the mirror image you need to hold control, shift and alt and click on your refresh button.

If you don't see anything at all, then you need to get a new browser. You hear me, Lüt?

However, if you see those fucking badass cogs I had Zaldron make for me you might notice something. They have a soft edged drop shadow on them, and that drop shadow melts perfectly to the background.

Because it is an alpha transparancy. =)

Any image, any background, go crazy now. You can finally use an Eye Candy smoke or fire effect and have it go with a background and not worry about it ending up looking like ass.

Assrabbits... mwahahahaha.

If you don't see anything at all, then you need to get a new browser. You hear me, Lüt?

ROFL.

You forgot all the Linux users too.

Yes, I see you broke your otherwise-working page for no apparent reason.

how the hell did you make those, Zaldron? I thought they were real untill I saw deadnails spiral thing on one of em!

Index > General > Thread: BLAH

Gah, learn how to make up some proper names, you cnut.

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

how the hell did you make those, Zaldron? I thought they were real untill I saw deadnails spiral thing on one of em!

Take another look Orion. I've made them use PNG alpha transparancies... as well as the floating spyral on every single page. Much smoother on the edges now. I'd do the Coop pic too (devil titties) but the png is about 150 fucking k. =/

I still want to do the background of tables but the css to enable the png alphas isn't very friendly...

I knew all that I was just wondering what program he used to make the pic, I'd guess either maya or 3d studios max?

I've just visited your site again and noticed the change of bg, you should change the bg color of the portion of the site that is below the menu to the last color of tiger.png. Why? because for people in higher resolutions the bg suddenly ends and the bg color shows up, so it looks wierd. If you changed the bg color you could make it look smooth in all resolutions.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I could take a screenshot of the site and upload it so you can see it.

the bg also looks really choppy under 16 bbps.

I knew all that I was just wondering what program he used to make the pic, I'd guess either maya or 3d studios max?

3DSMax.

I've just visited your site again and noticed the change of bg, you should change the bg color of the portion of the site that is below the menu to the last color of tiger.png. Why? because for people in higher resolutions the bg suddenly ends and the bg color shows up, so it looks wierd. If you changed the bg color you could make it look smooth in all resolutions.

Actually the last color in tiger.png IS the same as the color of the background of my site, 646464. However, I always seem to forget that no program really does png quite perfectly and some color always get botched. Dammit. I'll remake that image as a GIF so I won't have that problem.

However, I did make it repeat only on the left and vertically, not horizontally, so it would look good in high resolutions... I'm quite sure that image wouldn't seam very well. =)

If you don't know what I'm talking about I could take a screenshot of the site and upload it so you can see it.

Go ahead. =)

the bg also looks really choppy under 16 bbps.

I don't care about those people. High color is as much a requirement of my site as is IE5.5, check the 'about' page.

Actually the last color in tiger.png IS the same as the color of the background of my site, 646464. However, I always seem to forget that no program really does png quite perfectly and some color always get botched. Dammit. I'll remake that image as a GIF so I won't have that problem.

Are you sure it's the last color of the bg? the change seems kind of drastic. Here's a shot of my desktop http://www.doomworld.com/demise/images/desktop.jpg

#404040 is the last color in the tiger.png acording to photoshop, and in the background color of the site is #303030

If you changed the #303030 to #404040 it should look smooth in all resolutions and you could keep it a png instead of making it a gif.

Argh. Somehow even though all my page backgrounds are 303030 I was sure they were 404040. Figures. Well the PNG was off anyway, so I would've had to've fixed it eventually.

Since I just made all of these changes, hey, what the hell. Now is as good as ever. =)

How does it look now? Remember, F2S isn't the best at putting replaced data online so you might have to do a NinjaReload. Give me another screenshot at that mallard sexy resolution baby.