Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

"Last Man on Earth" team members needed

Hi guys,

As some of you might have seen in an earlier post, I'm working on a 20 map recreation of the city levels from Doom 2 called "Last Man on Earth" along side my other megawad projects. I think my reasons for wanting to work on this were that Phobos++, Deimos++ and Hell++ aren't going to be using any new graphics. I work part time as a graphics designer and I have extensive skills in game texturing and I wanted something to put those skills to good use on.

Anyway, I think I want to keep my mapping efforts for the other projects. On the other hand, I still want to chug out some textures for the Doom community.

This is the style of graphics you can expect from Last Man on Earth:

The plan now is that I'd like to get some mappers on board to make use of my new textures. As a team member, you will be able to request any type of texture you want from me and I will make it for you. Every map in the wad will have its own unique textures and feel to it.

None of the textures from the original game are allowed to be used, apart from fluid textures (slime, water etc). All textures in the project will be completely original. Any sprites from Doom and Doom 2 can be used. The plan is to give the wad its own unique feel that distinguishes itself from the usual tech base/hell style maps that we see everyday.

This project is built for GZDoom in ZDoom Hexen format maps. If anyone is interested, then sign on board here. To make sure that I'm not putting new textures to waste, I'd like to ask that anyone who signs up has some experience in mapping, in particular detailed mapping.

Each team member is only permitted to work on one map at a time. Here is the list of maps that will be in the wad:

LME01 - Slums
LME02 - Sewers
LME03 - Hospital (hardcore_gamer)
LME04 - Church
LME05 - Central Park
LME06 - Parking Lot
LME07 - Highway - (Fisk)
LME08 - Office District
LME09 - Shopping Mall
LME10 - Police Station
LME11 - Factory - (Stealthy Ivan)
LME12 - Warehouse
LME13 - Subway - (Icarus)
LME14 - Power Plant
LME15 - Harbor
LME16 - Quarry
LME17 - Mine
LME18 - Missile Silo - (Janitor)
LME19 - Ruins
LME20 - Hell on Earth (I will be doing this one)

Looking forward to working with you guys :D

Still looking for help? My laptop is out of action for a bit, but I dont mind helping after then.

Is there/could there be a Subway level? If there is, I'll take that. If not, Central Park could be a blast.

I'd love to do some mapping with those textures. Is it possible that I could use them in a WAD? With of course 100% credits to you sigvatr =). I want to photoshop some stuff like that, but I have no idea how to get started with photoshop elements 5.0 :(

This is awsome looking! True hell on earth! I love the idea, it gives doom a cool twist (this is what doom 2 should have been). I will make a map if you would like, just e-mail me or PM me the specs.

Stealthy Ivan said:

This is awsome looking! True hell on earth! I love the idea, it gives doom a cool twist (this is what doom 2 should have been). I will make a map if you would like, just e-mail me or PM me the specs.

What map do you want?

Icarus said:

Still looking for help? My laptop is out of action for a bit, but I dont mind helping after then.

Is there/could there be a Subway level? If there is, I'll take that. If not, Central Park could be a blast.

Good thinking, I will remove a map and change it to subway.

If this project will be around for a while I might take a map later, but right now I'm a bit too busy for it. However, what I wanted to say is that you really can't expect to have a modernized "Hell on Earth" wad without a Chinatown map and then get away with it. I mean, come ON, it's Chinatown, everyone wants to blast some imps in Chinatown, don't they? :)

Sigvatr said:

Good thinking, I will remove a map and change it to subway.

I made a couple of grey textures that would work well in a subway once, I could send them you sometime, and you could spruce them up and make them look bettar :)

Sounds very promising. For ideas I suggest to give a look at Ghost Buster DOOM 2, library and city map (you can find a link to it on Scuba Steve's profile).

Hehe, I did put Graffiti into one of my town maps too :-) Good luck with this anyway ...

Number 11, The Factory, is that cool with you? Plus I need the specs, example, what port, etc? As for textures, I will need a lot of rusty metal textures as well as pipes. Oh, and some brick, even add some windows that appear to be broken out.

yeah baby! i want a map!

EDIT: I am a good mapper (haven't released anything yet, sadly), i"ll take the factory level. uh, I'm gonna want to put some cool zdoom stuff in (i'd very much like to add my reloading weapons mod, if possible) but i'd settle with this. try unreal tournament packs for city textures, but SIGN ME ON!

Some Good Textures here, namely Duke3d

Janitor said:

yeah baby! i want a map!

EDIT: I am a good mapper (haven't released anything yet, sadly), i"ll take the factory level. uh, I'm gonna want to put some cool zdoom stuff in (i'd very much like to add my reloading weapons mod, if possible) but i'd settle with this. try unreal tournament packs for city textures, but SIGN ME ON!

Some Good Textures here, namely Duke3d

I think you have missed the point.

rather, i'll take the Missile Slio map, yeah, i get it, PM or Email me with more information, I'd love to help out with this.

Congratulations Icarus, you have the honor of making the first map for the wad, Subway (I have sent you a PM).

Here are all of the Subway level textures. They are free for anyone to use as they wish.

These textures are really realistic! They really do feel like a real subway.
(This post used "real" 4 times. I am ashamed.)

These games are getting really realistic! lol

Nice work Sigvatr. While it helps the preview perhaps it'd be easier for you and mappers if you upload the textures in a pk3 with the textures placed in the right sub folders (like Kdizd).

Can't wait to play this.

Vegeta said:

These games are getting really realistic! lol

Nice work Sigvatr. While it helps the preview perhaps it'd be easier for you and mappers if you upload the textures in a pk3 with the textures placed in the right sub folders (like Kdizd).

Can't wait to play this.

When the wad is finished, I will release a complete city textures pack.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Sign me up. I'd like to do the Highway. Also, am I allowed to submit my own sky and use my own custom textures in addition to ones you supply?

Fisk said:

Sign me up. I'd like to do the Highway. Also, am I allowed to submit my own sky and use my own custom textures in addition to ones you supply?

No, I will be supplying all of these :)