Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

"Last Man on Earth" team members needed

yomoneyboat said:

These textures are really realistic! They really do feel like a real subway.
(This post used "real" 4 times. I am ashamed.)

Fo' Reel, blad.

Love the textures, Really awesome stuff. Can I just request a wallones with coloured, diectional stripes on or something, like you get on the underground? You know, like the ones which are single red or green stripes or whatever. I stopped making sense :p
A couple vending machine textures wouldn't go amiss, but I might just steal those from Duke3D.

My map might not be started for anythign up to a few weeks, but i can't wait to get started with those textures :D

Those textures look amazing. Can't wait for your missile silo ones (i would like some ICBM textures, as well as some radiation hazard signs, and USNRC stuff too for realism)

EDIT: hey, try this:

http://triggur.org/silo/

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Sigvatr said:

No, I will be supplying all of these :)

I use specially-made skyboxes with all of my [GZDoom] maps. If possible, can I get a 4:1 sky with a clouds texture that can tile in all directions? And also, a horizontally-tiling mountains texture of some kind i can use to cover up the 'ends' of the cloud plane.

Fisk said:

I use specially-made skyboxes with all of my [GZDoom] maps. If possible, can I get a 4:1 sky with a clouds texture that can tile in all directions? And also, a horizontally-tiling mountains texture of some kind i can use to cover up the 'ends' of the cloud plane.

I'm actually really interested in learning how to use sky boxes. Do you think you could show me how?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Well, typically what I do is, create a bigass-giant sector way off and separated from my map with F_SKY1 as the floor and ceiling (and all walls set to H linedef special 9), and put the skybox viewpoint thing at about a quarter of the way off the floor. Then, I cover this skybox sector with a 50% transparent, zero-thickness (add 8 to the flags field when using GZDoom's linedef action #160) 3D floor with the clouds texture, and set it to scroll at a fairly slow rate in some diagonal direction. The normal resolutions I use are 4096x1024 for the actual sky texture in the ZIP file, and 1024x1024 remapped in HIRESTEX to 128x128 for the clouds texture. I've never had anyone question their quality. Ever.

Well, i'd love to join this project. I Don't really care about whichever map i should do, but both chuches and hospitals applies well to me.

I Don't really know which level of detail you require on the maps, so it could be a good thing posting like an example room or hallway so that i've got something to refer to.

Fisk said:

Well, typically what I do is, create a bigass-giant sector way off and separated from my map with F_SKY1 as the floor and ceiling (and all walls set to H linedef special 9), and put the skybox viewpoint thing at about a quarter of the way off the floor. Then, I cover this skybox sector with a 50% transparent, zero-thickness (add 8 to the flags field when using GZDoom's linedef action #160) 3D floor with the clouds texture, and set it to scroll at a fairly slow rate in some diagonal direction. The normal resolutions I use are 4096x1024 for the actual sky texture in the ZIP file, and 1024x1024 remapped in HIRESTEX to 128x128 for the clouds texture. I've never had anyone question their quality. Ever.

Could you make an example wad really quickly to show me how to do it? I don't even know how the zip files thing works :(

impClaw said:

Well, i'd love to join this project. I Don't really care about whichever map i should do, but both chuches and hospitals applies well to me.

I Don't really know which level of detail you require on the maps, so it could be a good thing posting like an example room or hallway so that i've got something to refer to.

I'd say at least a level of quality of Alien Vendetta. Detail is not incredibly important for this project, however.

Sigvatr said:

Could you make an example wad really quickly to show me how to do it? I don't even know how the zip files thing works :(

There is one here

Sigvatr said:

I'd say at least a level of quality of Alien Vendetta. Detail is not incredibly important for this project, however.

Okay, well, i could probably do that. You can sign me up then.

I think some of the maps that take place in relatively small locations could be used as semi-boss arenas (kinda like Dead Simple, Hunted from Plutonia, and Cat and Mouse from DOOM 64).

For Easter Eggs I think the four in-DOOM arcade games released could fit nicely.

hey, its been a while since i;ve seen any progess on this thread, have you made any new textures?

I've half way through with some missile silo stuff. It should be done this week sometime.

Hopefully the other guys are working on their stuff :(

Sigvatr said:

I've half way through with some missile silo stuff. It should be done this week sometime.

Hopefully the other guys are working on their stuff :(

I made the opening lobby for my subway... Thats it right now. I have my laptop back in action, though, so I should be able to get back on progress.
Is it possible to get some Monitor/train table/etc type textures? You know, like the time boards.
Ta.

I will have some screens of my map to send you soon, I have been working on 3 projects at once, and trying to take care of my family so I'm rather busy, but it's slowly comming along. Heh, I didnt forget about you.

Icarus said:

I made the opening lobby for my subway... Thats it right now. I have my laptop back in action, though, so I should be able to get back on progress.
Is it possible to get some Monitor/train table/etc type textures? You know, like the time boards.
Ta.

Here you go

Next I will get onto the highway textures (I wonder what that is going to look like :O ).

I still am looking for people to make maps for this project, by the way.

rf` said:

None of your textures have loaded at all. They refuse to for some reason.

What program are you using? XWE?

i see them just fine. occasionally 1 or 2 don't display so i have to prompt IE to 'show picture' but that's all so clearly the problem's at your end. might wanna investigate your browser settings or just click 'save target as' for each of them *shrug*

they are fantastic pieces of work btw Sigvatr! :D

I see them fine, and have to say they're very cool.

I wish I could help you, but at this moment it's impossible for me. Still I'd like to recommend you some mappers that I had the honor and pleasure to work with, they're skilled (some of them very skilled), and friendly, you can trust on them. Perhaps if you send them a personal invitation they'll like to help you out.

Bloodskull (heh this one isn't really friendly, but has some skills)
Torn
Lupinx-Kassman
Lizard-Commando
Cadman
Johnatone

I make this list, as some of the mappers that joined your team, also worked with me.

Vegeta said:

I see them fine, and have to say they're very cool.

I wish I could help you, but at this moment it's impossible for me. Still I'd like to recommend you some mappers that I had the honor and pleasure to work with, they're skilled (some of them very skilled), and friendly, you can trust on them. Perhaps if you send them a personal invitation they'll like to help you out.

Bloodskull (heh this one isn't really friendly, but has some skills)
Torn
Lupinx-Kassman
Lizard-Commando
Cadman
Johnatone

I make this list, as some of the mappers that joined your team, also worked with me.

If you could contact them for me, that would be great.

Cheers for the textures.

I've just realised this project is up against City of the Damned 2 by Torm.
We have some city based competition!

Sigvatr said:

If you could contact them for me, that would be great.

why can't you just PM them with an invitation? vegeta has already been nice enough to recommend them.

I think it'd be kinda odd if I ask them as it isn't my project. Just tell them that I recommended them. Just in case when you point my name add "(DOOM: A Megawad in Two Weeks)".

The nicks I pointed are the exact nick names they use here, so just copy-past them over the user name you want to send the PM. Sorry I don't got their email addresses.