Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeenKyle

no one on multiplayer..... why

why is there hardly anyone on skulltag or any other multiplayer port. the most iv seen on skulltag is 24 people. the doom community is still quite large yet no one seems to play multiplayer.

theres still only about 7 people on skulltag but there are quite alot on zdaemon. its kind of annoying knowing thats theres loads of people who still play doom yet no ones online.

Icarus said:

Noone plays CTF on ST :(

Thats not true. Join a CTF server during prime time and someone will join soon.

CTF is actually popular on ST its just you have to get on at the right times.

And that screenshot shows 53 people on Skulltag, 33 on ZDaemon, and 0 on Odamex this previous Saturday night.

Best way to get some action on Skulltag is really to enter the server you like and wait for someone to join, usually more people will drop in. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes, they will come in and complain about the lag or wad being played, cause they are stupid.

but im still pretty sure theres more than 80 people who still play doom. maybe skulltag should host a event to get as many doom players as they can.

kristus said:

Best way to get some action on Skulltag is really to enter the server you like and wait for someone to join, usually more people will drop in. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes, they will come in and complain about the lag or wad being played, cause they are stupid.

I could not have said it better myself!
If you wait peeps will come, its just every one seems to be in a hurry and fail to stick around a bit, hence missing the games.

Magma_Blaz said:

yes but sometimes no one comes and thats just annoying.

You want more people to show up-- get people you know to join.

Why don't you just call a friend and play him/her?

Or just be patient and put up with waiting. Doom isnt counterstrike you know.

All the big Doom MP clients and servers are lightweight enough that you should be able to stuff them in the background and do something else until you hear a player join. Running in a window may help.

I got to play with a fair number of players on my ZDaemon server this way.

I know I haven't been on Zdaemon as much due to the lack of new maps. Every time something new or original comes out for a change, people stop playing it within a week.

Its worth noting that although Odamex servers are usually empty, development is still quite active.

http://cia.vc/stats/project/odamex/

There has been talk of an 0.3 coming soon. Hopefully it will be released, since there is a world of difference between 0.2 and SVN right now. There are also two branches in the SVN right now, one for Zorro's spectator code and another for Manc's Cardboard merging.

Hang out with us in IRC if you want to play. #odamex

falcondelta said:

I know I haven't been on Zdaemon as much due to the lack of new maps. Every time something new or original comes out for a change, people stop playing it within a week.

This is due to the fact that ZDaemon servers are locked in to one mapset per server. Odamex has on-the-fly wad loading, and you can host a server with multiple wads and multiple mapsets at once. It's unbeleivably convenient.