Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Rocket/Plasma/BFG Jumping demos

my little contribution to doom's 15 years birthday :)

rjspace9f map01 max in 22:11

zdaemon demo. points completed at 19:52. lots of new jumps and route hacks to compensate my inability to run as fast as timeofdeath :)

The Green Herring did a GZDoom demo on the first page, but the rest are ZDaemon demos.

By the way, nice stuff dew, you bum. :)
I haven't watched it yet, but I will and am looking forward to seeing your route and tricks.

i tried running rjspace through zdoom, but it behaves too different. the exact feeling was like if, erm, the air was too thick. zdaemon behaves like this with a huge sv_aircontrol variable if you don't count the walking in air effect. in result, the forward momentum is slowed too quick.

the rj standard for air control is 0, though, so either zdaemon uses very different air movement, or i missed some crucial zdoom setting. anyways, i think earthquake designed the wad for zdaemon, so zdoom demos only if the right settings are found :)

What does it mean when it says ERROR: CORRUPTED DEMO FILE: TOO LARGE PACKET ??
I got rjspace down to 15 minutes, but the demo file won't finish playback after like 30 seconds!! I did the start-to-yellow key mega jump, and the superjump to yellow key platform perfectly too! :(

I could have gotten faster, but when I had yellow within 2 minutes, I got too excited and messed up some REALLY basic jumps. like the strafe jump down to plasma. My hands were shaking like mad, and now I understand what you mean by

...but in that moment my mind switched from bored routine to nerve wreck and hand tremble..

:)

My wad, RJwarriors1b, in around 28 minutes.
Demo

I took far too long on the "momentum" jump, and every jump basically took 5 minutes each :P. Especially on the 16k corner climb at the end.

Oh, on another note, my time on rjspace9f is down to an average of 8 minutes per run. Of course, my best time of 7 minutes was the one time I forgot to record a demo...

hello, thread. long time no see.

masterjumps9y map04 in 0:08.

using zdaemon 1.09 for the first time. it has some nifty demo playback features, so here: have a youtube video too! (removed obsolete link)

edit: updated the demo link.

lols, nice demo, that youtube video was fuckin awesome. It really shows just how cool rjumping is from a spectator's perspective.

edit: btw, how do you make those videos?

1.09 naturally adds spectator mode to demos, so i replayed the demo a few times and flew to those spots. then i stitched the fraps videos together in virtualdub.

i may reupload the other masterjumps runs with similar spectator perspective shots, cause i really like them as well.

here's a demo from this november, recorded after cca two months of regular training.

rjspace9f max in 19:55
recorded with zdaemon 1.09.01

i thought with breaking the 20min barrier i'd reach happiness and my long deserved closure from this wad, but the demo looks like utter garbage and i'm afraid i'll have to slice off another... 2 minutes. :( it's both insanely lucky in some parts and heartbreakingly bad in others (like the utter desperation in the last minute), but it's still easily my best, most hardworked demo. a WIP 6 years in progress...

RJ_SLABv4 (by DeathArrow) ZDaemon-demos with no aircontrol.

WAD: rj_slab_v4.zip

Demos:
rj_slab_v4_01_113.zip

rj_slab_v4_02_102.zip

rj_slab_v4_04_051.zip

rj_slab_v4_05_037.zip

rj_slab_v4_06_022.zip

rj_slab_v4_07_213.zip

rj_slab_v4_08_158.zip

rj_slab_v4_09_054.zip

rj_slab_v4_10_151.zip

rj_slab_v4_11_231.zip

rj_slab_v4_12_143.zip

rj_slab_v4_13_158.zip

rj_slab_v4_14_211.zip

rj_slab_v4_15_100.zip

rj_slab_v4_16_052.zip

rj_slab_v4_17_201.zip

rj_slab_v4_18_129.zip

rj_slab_v4_19_239.zip

rj_slab_v4_20_605.zip

And yes, I didn't run map 03 yet, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I can get dew to do that one, because I hate that map :P