Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
funduke

GZDoom v. 1.0.25 Released

There's a new version of GZdoom released. It's now v. 1.0.25. Quote from Graf Zahl's website:

This release is mostly there to address some issues I encountered while running GZDoom on Windows Vista. Of course the few new features that had been added to ZDoom in the mean time have been added as well.
Last but not least I did a rewrite of the shader code for texture warping. Hopefully this will eliminate the weird effects when dynamic lighting is used with these shaders.

You can find out more about GZDoom and download it on its website.

EDIT: The latest version is now 1.0.26. Check it.

Steeveeo said:

this news is already outdated.

1.0.26 just came out

That is because the one who moved it here did it too late.

John Smith said:

i think the fact that this is the only post in the news forum labeled 'dumb' is very telling

Better being "dumb", than beeing "John Smith"!
Greetings
Funduke

leileilol said:

Reporting the news late, on a date at 10-27 as well!!! what a coincidence ! kinda like OA 0.7 on 07-07-07

Funny!
I didn't notice that! :)

Greetings
Funduke

Has anyone noticed how the opengl renderer shows textures horribly? They just look like Badly converted textures. I dunno if that's a bug or not, but textures seem really washed out. look at the sides of any blue skull door and see what I mean.

I did some snooping and found that the GLSL renderer that will be in a future release of GZDoom stops that little issue.

(I'm not using anti-aliasing, I'm using Trilinear Filtering, and no Anisotropic filtering. That shouldn't modify the texture's colors, anyway.)

Csonicgo said:

I did some snooping and found that the GLSL renderer that will be in a future release of GZDoom stops that little issue.

(I'm not using anti-aliasing, I'm using Trilinear Filtering, and no Anisotropic filtering. That shouldn't modify the texture's colors, anyway.)

Changing that particular value should have no effect whatsoever. Normally the only real difference between the 2 modes is how fog is calculated. Can you try to change the 'Enable depth fog' menu item and see how it looks then?

And what GFX card do you have?

Csonicgo said:

I am using a GeForce 8800, is that not working with GZdoom very well?

Same here. And no problems.

rf` said:

Just how many versions does graf pump out in a day anyway?

2 at most. I had to do a recompile because there was a critical bug in 1.0.28.

Wait...

would "High performance image quality" in my video card settings have anything to do with this? I mean, other games usually don't show any distortion in their textures, just GZDoom. I say this because I switched the image quality to "high(est) quality" and the textures looked correct. :s

Who knows what these settings are doing inside the driver? Apparently something they are not supposed to do.

My personal experience is that generally there's no need to lower these settings to anything but the maximum. I have had several weird reports over the last 2 years that were related to these.

Graf Zahl made at the fifth january a new version: 1.0.30!

Here's his description on the homepage:

Again, this one updates to the latest ZDoom SVN revision (currently 666 ) so all the new ZDoom features like SBARINFO, TEAMINFO and DECORATE extensions are in.

Also new: Screen wipes are finally working in OpenGL mode! However, I was only able to test this on one computer with Windows Vista running so I can't guarantee that it will work properly for everyone.

Get it here:
http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/index.php?page=topic&id=230

Greetings
Funduke

Edit:
P.S.: Here is the changelog for zdoom:
http://zdoom.org/Changelog

Graf Zahl announced today, that he stopped GZDooms development until the next stable release of zdoom.

Greetings
Funduke

funduke said:

Graf Zahl announced today, that he stopped GZDooms development until the next stable release of zdoom.

Greetings
Funduke

I would post a star trek facepalm here but manc would love that too much.

ZDoom is randy's baby. if it breaks the hardware renderer, too bad, Zdoom was for software mode only.

that being said, Graf has helped Zdoom tremendously. However, ZDoom changing as crazily as it has these past few months is somewhat of a double edged sword. I can only wonder how messed up the linux port is now.

Sign in to follow this