Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

1408 (film - possible spoilers)

Seen it?

I took a young lady to see it yesterday and was fairly impressed. I rate Cusack very highly and Samuel L. always brings his own dimension to any movie.

It's what I'd call a weekday movie - i.e. not one you'd reserve for a weekend viewing with anticipation (bourne ultimatum perhaps) but it fills a nice slot.

The Times reviewer said it was nothing more than a staid b-movie but I thought it was a little better - nice double-twist with the beach incident and all.

What did you think?

I liked it more than I expected to... it's just a story about a guy trapped in a room pitted against ghosts that torture the hell out of him with paranoia and visions of personal demons (no surprise that it came from a Stephen King story) but it stayed entertaining throughout. I suppose it could be argued about whether or not the room is comprised of a legion of ghosts or just one evil entity, but it makes no difference.

I anticipated the first twist though; something just felt off about the whole setup. It was probably becasue it felt too early.

Hadn't heard of it until now - it looks interesting and I've always liked John Cusack.

Trailer: