Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John Smith

Eternity Engine Has A New Logo

Ok, MAYBE he's also mentioned news about the upcoming release and links to previous versions of EE, but as the title would suggest, Quasar has also showcased a new logo on the Eternity website. Did I also mention news of the upcoming release? Did someone say portals? So what are you waiting for? Go check out the EE website for all your Eternity news and goods!

Heh, the first thing I thought about when I saw the logo is "Internet Explorer".

wow! thank you for unexpected cool news. please, let us know, if any other engines will change own logos. immediately.

entryway said:
wow! thank you for unexpected cool news.

Jealousy noted.

A new logo may be trivial, but then, if people don't submit more juicy news, there's no reason to prioritize anything over small tidbits like this one.

skadoomer said:
But if its the eternity engine, shouldn't it be ee?

I'm guessing the mechanic wheel represents the E in "engine".

myk said:

A new logo may be trivial, but then, if people don't submit more juicy news, there's no reason to prioritize anything over small tidbits like this one.

Ultimate Torment and Torture?

entryway said:
Ultimate Torment and Torture?

• Boringly written submission
  • Newstuff
  • Rerelease compilation
But then, even if that had been accepted, it still would have just been one more submission, not necessarily eliminating this one (unlike when you have at least half a dozen really good ones to consider).

• Logo not the only thing mentioned in news update.
  • Logo was by Assmaster; I think that earns it at least a mention.
  • People have been hounding us to get a logo for years.
  • Yes you are right. The cog wheel around the e is for the Engine.
Thanks for your time :P

At this point I'm gonna say that might make it into the next release after the upcoming one. SoM wants to work on true color support soon, and I imagine extending the resolution range should go along with that.

That was sort of the point of the joke - if people actually read the news post and see it IS more than just about a new logo there wouldn't be need for the absolutely pointless bitching.

Looks sort of like a mix between the Enlightement and KDE logos.

entryway said:

wow! thank you for unexpected cool news. please, let us know, if any other engines will change own logos. immediately.

Shut up.

AlexMax said:

KDE

Sorry if I post this, but Knee Deep in Eternity? There's no way it could be worse than Kuhdizd.

Don't bitch about this news thread, it's not like you have to sell it out.

printz said:

Sorry if I post this, but Knee Deep in Eternity? There's no way it could be worse than Kuhdizd.

Holy shit.

Paging Tormentor667 to this thread.

printz said:

congratulations that is the first time I have both gone into hysterical laughter and cried from someones stupidity.

printz said:

My custom title is now false.

myk said:

Heh, the first thing I thought about when I saw the logo is "Internet Explorer".

Eternity Explorer 7.0

John Smith said:

congratulations that is the first time I have both gone into hysterical laughter and cried from someones stupidity.

I wasn't stupid, I only made some fun there. I don't know what KDE is, and I'm not highly interested what it is, but y'all can be generous and tell me directly what it is, completed with a hyperlink. It's more useful than telling me to lurk more, I have no plans or time to lurk now. I hardly ever play Doom or other PC game now. Maybe later I will.

EDIT: yeah big deal i can google maybe i will.
EDIT: good that I made some of you laugh.
EDIT: OK I saw it.

Just to get on topic and stay legal, I'm gonna comment the awesome superb global Eternity logo. If I were in charge, I'd make it look more traditional, containing the 'eternity' and 'engine' words. Something written with white plasma-like spot shape made of letters over a void background, with a red devil in the middle, still in the background, sitting on a rock, sucking the minds of [free non critical fun]zdoom[/free non critical fun] which Quasar prefers to write with small letters. Or use a font made up of distorted humans staying on letter shaped racks and an imp with a torch shaped up as another imp staying there and laying his hand on a racked corpse, which slowly burns up with smoke but no flame.

EDIT: Just another thing before I get flamed for serious reasons, I remembered just now that that logo was made by Amaster... OK, better keep it as it is.

Please believe me when I say that the way I capitalize ZDoom (zdoom? ZDOOM? ZDooM?) is based only on ignorance and not on a desire to belittle it :P I've never really known what the official capitalization is ;)