Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

prboom-plus TAS question

So I started to record a PrBoom-plus TAS demo on a PWAD. Slowdown, automated Strafe50, Strafe50 on turns. Peachy-keen, right? I end up wanting to do a part over again. The first attempt was recorded with these command line arguments:

glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file <Doom II PWAD> -skill 4 -warp 01 -complevel 2 -record <firstdemo>

For the second attempt, I specified these command line arguments:

glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file <Doom II PWAD> -skill 4 -warp 01 -complevel 2 -recordfrom <firstdemo> <seconddemo>

And what do I get?

"INCOMPATIBLE SAVEGAME!!!
WADS EXPECTED:

C:\DOOM\PRBOOM-PLUS\DOOM.WAD
C:\DOOM\PRBOOM-PLUS\DOOM.GWA
$$$ALL_IN_ONE_LUMP$$$.WAD
$$$ALL_IN_ONE_LUMP$$$.GWA

ARE YOU SURE?"

All this, even though I specified DOOM2.WAD as my IWAD. What am I supposed to do?

If your doing recordfrom then you shouldn't have -warp or -skill included as they don't make sense when your recording from another demo. Aside from that it may not like -complevel 2, I'm not sure but it's worth trying a different compatibility mode.

The Green Herring said:

For the second attempt, I specified these command line arguments:

glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file <Doom II PWAD> -skill 4 -warp 01 -complevel 2 -recordfrom <firstdemo> <seconddemo>

glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file <Doom II PWAD> -complevel 2 -recordfromto <firstdemo> <seconddemo> -skipsec <secs>

-recordfrom is prboom command-line switch
-recordfromto is mine

Also you should use the latest prboom+
http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/history.html

With 2481 you should use -recordfromto firstdemo.lmp seconddemo

entryway said:

glboom-plus.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file <Doom II PWAD> -complevel 2 -recordfromto <firstdemo> <seconddemo> -skipsec <secs>

-recordfrom is prboom command-line switch
-recordfromto is mine

Ah, I see... I didn't notice the command line argument was different for PrBoom+. Thank you so much for the clarification! :) Be sure to watch Miscellaneous Demos for my first TAS soon.

EDIT: Got the newest version, too. Had 2.4.8.1 before.

Be sure to watch Miscellaneous Demos for my first TAS soon

Lower your sensitivity twice if you use slowmo. Permanently watch your unfinished demo on normal speed and without "smooth demo playback" to avoid jerky movements in other compatible ports and vanilla