Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rich77

fav music

Danarchy said:

Heh, I currently have 2,619 tracks on my playlist.

I only have 892 songs, because, frankly, I can't even think of 900 songs worth listening to. Of course, over 250 of those are by TMBG.

I guess I could have just done this: RYM Profile

That's all the CDs I own... didn't actually rate any of them, betraying the purpose of the site, but it helps find new stuff based on compatibility lists.

yomoneyboat said:

I only have 892 songs, because, frankly, I can't even think of 900 songs worth listening to. Of course, over 250 of those are by TMBG.

I have about 7000 tracks (35 GB), but then again I listen to albums, not individual songs.

LordK said:

I have about 7000 tracks (35 GB), but then again I listen to albums, not individual songs.

That's about 5mb a song. You clearly don't value lossless encoding :)

I currently have 0 mp3/ogg files on my computer. I do have a milk-crate filled with records of the absolute best of early British and American punk/goth-death rock/ and classic rock. As well as a wide assortment of cds. They're these circular discs, quite magical actually.. when you listen to them, they don't sound like shit, they're a tangible thing you can hold in your very own hands and best of all, when independent musicians spend thousands of dollars of their own hard earned money to make these things the money exchange for the goods helps out the economy of the music scene and helps them continue to make the music that you love so much that you just HAVE to have in one convenient torrent file.

mostly death metal and all its kinds.
dutch devil's list perfectly fits my taste (excepting Evanescence and Incubus), like if it was made on my playlist!
I would add progressive metal (Opeth, Dream Theater), classic music (especially Bach) and few kinds of instrumental rock&blues, which i nail on my guitar for hours each day :)

Ed said:

I currently have 0 mp3/ogg files on my computer. I do have a milk-crate filled with records of the absolute best of early British and American punk/goth-death rock/ and classic rock. As well as a wide assortment of cds. They're these circular discs, quite magical actually.. when you listen to them, they don't sound like shit, they're a tangible thing you can hold in your very own hands and best of all, when independent musicians spend thousands of dollars of their own hard earned money to make these things the money exchange for the goods helps out the economy of the music scene and helps them continue to make the music that you love so much that you just HAVE to have in one convenient torrent file.

Yeah, well, I bought all the CDs I ripped to my computer, and flac sounds exactly the same.

LordK said:

Ditto. I rarely ever download or rip individual songs. The one exception I can think of is Blue Monday, because it's the one good song ever made by New Order.

Ed said:

I actually own over 120 CDs, but I ripped them all to my computer because my CD player is broken, and its easier to listen to them that way. I still listen to them in my car though. My MP3s/OGGs are all those I ripped, some I ripped from my mom, and some albums I REALLY REALLY like but have to spend $30 to import them from Denmark or something because they're scarce as fuck in the States.

I already posted in the thread that Dr.Zin linked to here.

Nonetheless... Three words.

POWER / PROGRESSIVE / METAL.

So this includes bands such as (heh another list)

FAVOURITES:
Wintersun
Dream Theater
Children of Bodom
Symphony X

Liquid Tension Experiment
Genesis
Yes
Rush
King Crimson
Van der Graaf Generator
The Beatles
Queen
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Death
Iron Maiden
Venom
Office of Strategic Influence
Chroma Key
Transatlantic
Opeth
Blind Guardian
Nightwish
Ensiferum
Mayhem
Hammerfall
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Kiss
Alice in Chains
Pantera
The Moody Blues
Pink Floyd
Jeff Wayne's - The War of the Worlds
The Planet's Suite - Gustav Holst
Mozart
Beethoven
Haydn
Weber
Bach
Norther

Fredrik said:

this is still pretty much accurate

Richard D. James mops the floor with Bach ;P

Um, I've been listening to super progressive, classically inspired electronic music. Aphex Twin, Infected Mushroom. I only listen to either unbelievably technical classical/ebm/electronic or the worst shit-bag, talentless punk ever. GG Allin, Misfits, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys. It's a hard contrast but... it keeps me grounded.

Industrial mainly.

KMFDM, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy, OOMPH!, NIN, Kraftwerk, Die Warzau, Einstürzende Neubauten, Ministry, Front 242 among others.

If I can crank it in my car and it annoys the people in the next lane to the point that they roll their windows up or cover their ears, I'd say it's a likely candidate.