Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Team TNT, Keeping It Going

Team TNT has broken the silence after just over three years. With two news posts in the last two months, they are talking about broken links and the status for their current project Eternal Doom IV: Return from Oblivion.

So far we have completed 7 very large maps. We intend to release this set as a "teaser", after which we will work on making it a true megawad. We expect a teaser release in a couple of months, and a wider release a year or more later.

Head on over to Team TNT's site for more information.

Yes! This will be something I'll track the progress of, definitely. Team TNT has never failed me.

Really looking forward to release time. Eternal Doom 3 was the center of the best LAN party weekend my friends and I've had in a long time. Anyone else ever run that one in coop?

FifthMark said:
Anyone else ever run that one in coop?

I've only played it on ZDaemon servers. For Cooperative it's kind of a pain in the ass compared to some other megawads, as it doesn't have that much of an opposition for its relative size, and you have to hunt for switches all the time.

Good god, a fourth one?

If anyone has ever beaten Eternal Doom 1 through 3 on Ultraviolence without cheating or resorting to opening the map in a wad editor, they deserve a medal. Seriously, in spite of looking very nice and being very detailed, it was really bad about mystery switches and wandering around aimlessly.

Is Return from Oblivion being designed for ZDoom, or is it still Classic Doom/Boom?

AlexMax said:

If anyone has ever beaten Eternal Doom 1 through 3 on Ultraviolence without cheating or resorting to opening the map in a wad editor, they deserve a medal. Seriously, in spite of looking very nice and being very detailed, it was really bad about mystery switches and wandering around aimlessly.

I've beaten it on UV. Mind you I think UV is probably the only way that it manages to stay remotely exciting through 32 maps of near-eternal hugeness.

But yeah, Eternal 4? Seriously Eternal a nice wad and probably TeamTNT's best, but there was really quite enough of it in 1-3 for most people. Though perhaps adding ZDoom will make it more interesting and not just switch hunt extravaganza, and then again maybe it won't. Daedelus didn't.

I almost beat Eternal once. I got to Map 29 and then the save file corrupted. :| I've never attempted it again since.

There's a reason it's called Eternal guys' "Eternal Doom", aka never ending. Looking forward to it's release; TeamTNT was probably the first, professional mod team in existance, and i am glad their still kicking; however they have lost a lot of steam since Doom 2000(later renamed, can't recall) and the fact a bunch of them were picked up by companies professionally. I still remember my expectations for Doom2000 were bigger than y2k itself, and i thought the doom community would be relatively dead by then, I'm glad i was wrong ;)

Long live TeamTNT.

Snarboo said:

I almost beat Eternal once. I got to Map 29 and then the save file corrupted. :| I've never attempted it again since.

Same here, except that I was on Map 26.

But, well, playing it on UV with ammo/weapon carry away make it mostly easy. Some pistol starts can be a good challenge, check map 12 or 20.

I didn't find the switch hunt so harassing, there is only a couple levels really troublesome there (map 30 is one of them, the others are really bearable).

Daedalus was a try in a more scripted, System Shock 2 like style that was not in the normal doomer's tastes, but I liked it (until I got bugged in the second hub without a valid savegame to start back from, I consider trying it back soon) even if it's clearly not their best wad, many other classic megawads are ranked over it in my mind (Bella2 and Project X are NOT two of them).

Anyway, that is THE megawad I'm waiting for the most.

Go TeamTNT !

The most annoying level in the original Eternal Doom is level map20 (in which you have to push a tree to open the exit), but apart from this one and map30 I never had problems with too obscure switches. It tool a while to figure out map30 though, but it's a really cool map once you get the hang of it. Looking forward to the EDIV 'teaser' release.

sargebaldy said:

Nice to hear they're still alive and kicking.

Yeah, no kidding, I was starting to think they fell off. This is really cool that TeamTnT is up and running again!

sargebaldy said:

Isn't there yet.

Yeah, as usual I got behind again. I'm supposed to be going out of the country for a couple of weeks this weekend so I'll definitely have it up by then.

Of course then it has to actually work unattended for 2 weeks...

The original TeamTNT died a long time ago for me. There is no interest to the current mix and their projects - they could not make Doom in the latest one.

Well Ty, it's good to see your still alive, your fans have been waiting for some new stuff for a long time! I hope to see some of your teams work soon. BTW what are the specs for this new eternal? Textures, enemies, guns ,etc? I am really excited for this and can't wait to play!!! Oh, and I hope it has a kick ass sound track as always!

Stealthy Ivan said:

BTW what are the specs for this new eternal? Textures, enemies, guns ,etc?

New textures, new enemies, new enemy behavior, individual maps as well as maps in hubs, some maps devoid of scripting while others quite script-heavy. In other words, something for everyone.

This sounds awesome! I am seriously impressed that Team TnT is taking on the challenge of making another Eternal! Eternal doom was one of my favorites. Will the level 30 be as epic as the first Eternals level 30?

Stealthy Ivan said:
Will the level 30 be as epic as the first Eternals level 30? [/B]

Um, sure. It'll freaking rule.

[cough]

or something. Actually suddenly I want to be involved in this.

Basrads.

It'll be good to get more for all of you. I've re-joined the project as well...so keep up the faith.

We are trying to finish up this project and we are close. Level design is by three guys, myself (Chris Couleur), Rex, and Espi. At the start we had about 8 or 9 guys with most dropping out for various reasons. I'm the only one left who worked on eternal 1 through 3. This is Rex and Espis first time on an Eternal or TNT prject.

We have 7 levels. Rex has done a 3 level hub. I have three maps and Espi has one. My maps are extremely large as are the others. Some criticism on past projects is the large amount of very difficult puzzels and i have to agree. I have always tried to stay away from creating hard puzzels as i get bored very easily. Although i have not fully played the other levels i think the puzzel solving is going to be toned down quite a bit. I think that these 7 levels (all castle themed) are some of the most beautiful levels i've ever seen and hopefuly just as fun to play.

I think my 3 levels will be the only ones set up for coop.

hopefuly we'll release this in November or December.

Chris