Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
YMB

Issue With Using Beastiary Monster Resource WADs

So, I open up my level with XWE, merge Acolyte.wad (one of the Beastiary's monsters) with it, and everything seems to be going fine. So, I open up my WAD in DoomBuilder, and... there's no Acolyte.
What have I done wrong?

Graf Zahl said:

Who knows? We can't see your merged WAD so guessing is the only option.

Maybe I'll try using another merge utility... if there are any.

dutch devil said:

Are you mapping in an format that supports decorate monsters? just guessing :p

I'm using "zDoom: Doom in Hexen Format."

Meh it was worth the shot :p you never know right I'm gonna fiddle around with the Acolyte here to see if I can figure out what went wrong.

I usually just copy and paste the monster stuff to my map and it shows up at the bottom in the thing selection menu in doombuilder just fine.

dutch devil said:

I usually just copy and paste the monster stuff to my map and it shows up at the bottom in the thing selection menu in doombuilder just fine.

What do you mean by "copy and paste the monster stuff?"

dutch devil said:

That's odd. Any decorate objects i put into my wads doesn't end up in the things list at all. I have to remember the number assigned to it to place it in the map.

yomoneyboat said:

So, I open up my level with XWE, merge Acolyte.wad (one of the Beastiary's monsters) with it, and everything seems to be going fine. So, I open up my WAD in DoomBuilder, and... there's no Acolyte.
What have I done wrong?

You need to open XWE, see DECORATE, remember or change Acolyte's ID#, and MANUALLY assign it to a new thing created with your editor.

printz said:

You need to open XWE, see DECORATE, remember or change Acolyte's ID#, and MANUALLY assign it to a new thing created with your editor.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

yomoneyboat said:

What do you mean by "copy and paste the monster stuff?"

Everything the monster uses sprites markers sounds sndinfo decorate copy and paste all that stuff in your map and it works fine I just tested it and the monster works fine.

dutch devil said:

Everything the monster uses sprites markers sounds sndinfo decorate copy and paste all that stuff in your map and it works fine I just tested it and the monster works fine.

Hmmm... I'll try that. Thanks.

I tried both printz and dutch devil's suggestions, and got the same result: DB's thing list now has a DECORATE section, with the Acolyte thing in it, which has the correct ID. However, there is no sprite and DB treats it basically as an unknown object, and it doesn't show up in the map.

I have the same the sprite shows up in db under decorate as an unknown thing but ingame it does appear, weird tho that it doesn't appear ingame for you.

With what port are you testing it with?

OK, well, I checked ingame and the Acolyte appears to be functioning fine now!
Thanks to everyone for the help.