Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

Hairy Pothead and the Marijuana Stone

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=b4a17e5b-4b02-4192-bada-e466f782f563

A federal NDP candidate has written a book that reads like something J.K. Rowling might have conjured up, if she smoked B.C. bud. It is called Hairy Pothead and features a character with the same name who lives an ordinary life until he is rescued by a biker, gets a glass bong and is taken to Cannabis Castle where he attends Hempwards School of Herbcraft and Weedery and smokes a lot of marijuana. The parody of Rowling's hit Harry Potter series is written by Dana Larsen, the NDP candidate in the riding of West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast. Mr. Larsen's Hairy Pothead learns to play Qannabbi instead of Quidditch, meets Delirious Bake instead of Sirius Black -- and on it goes with other Rowlingesque characters such as Master Head Alwaze Duinthadope. He is not concerned that Hairy Pothead might put off voters who do not share his enthusiasm for weed, Mr. Larsen said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUy6f6LVlBA

Well, that's not a transparent attempt to grab a few headlines is it? :roll:

What's more "Hairy Pothead and the Philosopher's stoned" is an old joke anyway. So this attention whore isn't even being original.

In fact, when Prince Harry was caught at school with a bit of doob, some of the British papers lead with the "Harry Pothead" line.

heh. at bout the 2:40 mark there's a chick doin a bong in the background. the story concept is pretty funny, if your stoned that is.

Enjay said:

What's more "Hairy Pothead and the Philosopher's stoned" is an old joke anyway. So this attention whore isn't even being original.

Actually, that was "Harry is a pothead, and the philospher's stoned." But yeah, it's probably from where they got it.

EDIT: Isn't "Dana" a girl's name?

Sounds like someone took a stupid joke from a popular Internet photoshopped image way too far.

Yeah, I remember a flash animation a while ago called "harry's a pothead and the sorcerer's stoned." Not exactly creative since the original idea surfaced 04 or before.

kristus said:

Actually, that was "Harry is a pothead, and the philospher's stoned." But yeah, it's probably from where they got it.

Ah yes, that was the newspaper headline, and it is quite possibly where they got it from, but long before that I know people who were using "Hairy Pothead". I myself started saying Hairy Potter after hearing how Dumbledore's laboured, whispering pronunciation sounded in the first movie.

In fact, years ago I used to work with a guy called Harry and we called him Hairy for no better reason that it sounded a bit like Harry.

These kind of parodies pop up around every major phenomenon and they always kind of annoy me. It's basically a single joke stretched to stupid proportions, usually for the purpose of making money. I really can't fathom who on earth would actually buy and read a book called "Hairy Pothead and Marijuana Stone". I mean, all those tortured reworkings of the original names and places just to avoid copyright infringement and fit the hee-larious weed motif. It's just weak.