Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Weird Doom dreams.

Hmn...

One dream I had of Doom I was the Doom Guy and entered a 'Temple' of a sort, and it was a super hell themed one too, it was awesome for design but since this happened when I was younger, first time seeing the cyberdemon in my dream scared the living hell out of me, but now when I have it from time to time, I get it's meaning.

The Temple pretty much had main room as a giant staircase with caged monsters (Impse, barons and knights) with several pits of fire in random locations and on walls, and greatly used Demon Lighting (the giant fire torches) along the stair case, raised to a high where only the fire can be seen, then a perfect use of lava by surrounding the pillar on the top which has the cyberdemon, but after seeing the demon, I woke up and couldn't go on, but ofcourse I tried using God on it, frankly they removed cheats.

Once I dreamed that in a pipe next to my house was a hermit-chaingun guy.

The next dream I killed him with a super shotgun

I usually dream about places where I am actively playing Doom. Not in a sense of playing Doom but actually being there taking part. Then, I usually end up creating a map inspired or motivated by the settings of that dream. Quite a few of my maps are inspired or modeled after dreams.

What is interesting is that the place is usually somewhere I have never been or seen before in another game/map, which makes for a good original base to build something from.

Maes said:

The most disturbing dream about Doom was however related to Archviles: in one infamous dream I had a year or so ago, an archvile was following me down the street but not for attacking me, but instead it appeared to mock me by doing a weird, bizarre and macabre dance behind me.

I just found the dream here. What a thread. Satan is hailable. We are not.

Mithral_Demon said:

The Temple pretty much had main room as a giant staircase with caged monsters (Impse, barons and knights)

Your Doom dreams were ahead of the times, and adults-only.

Hmn...

Maes said:

Your Doom dreams were ahead of the times, and adults-only.

Hardy har har, very funny man. Can anyone else think of something more 'adult' just for Maes?
Heheh...

My recurring childhood nightmares were like a precursor to SNES Doom for me: everything was distorted and hard to make out, and my gun never fired when i told it to, so I always died horribly.

Hahaha. My guns always worked. The monsters never died. So I was stuck in a realm of fighting new monsters that had pain states and made blood but I never knew how much I had to shoot them until they died.

Coopersville said:

I usually hate having video game related dreams. The last Doom one I had was just me in (what felt like) an hour-long deathmatch game. I think it was probably the first time I've been bored while I was asleep.

Intense, miserably boring and repetitive dreams usually come about during a bad case of the flu.

I always have dreams where I'm "in" a video game, but can't find the keyboard or mouse to control myself with. It's quite distressing, because I'm always thinking "this is so cool!" "OHGOD I'M GOING TO DIE"

I once had a dream when I was fighting through KDiZD. In similar fashion to the doom movie FPS sequence. When I faced off against the magmantis, I shot a rocket into his mouth and he blew up in spectacular fashion. That was my favorite doom dream :P weird....

I had a weird Doom dream, it was a combination Between E1M8 and E2M8. Do you know how you go up that lift and the Barons are in them doors on Phobos anamoly? Well the surroundings were like Tower of Babel and the Barons were replaced with Cybies.

I can remember two of my Doom-related dreams.

In the first, I was playing E2M1, actually playing the game on a computer. I was coming up the the bridge over the lava, but there was a giant, red, tattered curtain hanging between the hallway and the bridge. I went through the curtain, saw a cacodemon and an imp, and fired until I ran out of ammo and was left with my melee weapon - a pair of toothpicks. Seriously.

The second, well, I'll just say I woke up in the middle of the night after having it and wouldn't go back to sleep for anything. Basically, it involved me being in a high-ceiling techbase - actually there - that was laid out like a giant maze. This was the real me, at 12-13 years old, completely weaponless, and I could hear the growling from all sorts of monsters, but couldn't see any of them. I took a step, the lights went out, and heard the growling of demons and spectres as they closed in on me from every direction.

You see? There's nothing more terrifying than dreaming you're trapped in a bad PWad =P Just wish I'd found it funny back then.

Just a few nights ago I had a dream where something grabbed my shoulders from behind and went "RAWR". Seriously, it doesn't sound like much, but it really freaked me out because I thought it actually happened. I could still hear the growl in my head after I had woken up, and it still felt like something was grasping my shoulders.

I recently had one a few days ago, I was at a costco and there was a battle that was about to go on, Barons vs Afrits, both types at each side of the building, with me in the middle. It was kind of funny cause they clashed and I wasn't even touched, so I was able to walk out with no trouble.

I had a dream a couple weeks ago where I was at the top of a smallish tower with windows, and I had a sniper rifle. I used it to kill random people walking below. It was very realistic.
Its kinda disturbing because I would never do that in real life.
I guess its not really Doom-related but it was probably Doom-caused.

the only dream i can remember off the top of my head i was the marine in level 30 of the PLutonia WAD for Final Doom... which happened before i ever played Final Doom. Anyway I was walking around blowing the shit outta monsters with seemingly unlimited plasma gun and i seemed to be in like a god mode cause i would be getting pounded on by like mancubus and not notice until i saw its explosion on my arm. I woke up for school and tried to fall back into the dream all day. It was a fun dream.

I had a dream not so long back about Doom.
It was kinda like an open E4 area, with some pillars and ledges, and a set of stairs leading up into a small alcove come chamber.
I went up into the area, and there was grating on one wall of the chamber and a massive, Torm-style lever switch on the opposite wall.
It just so happened a bunch of people from my school were there, and while I was investigating the room, a girl walked over and flipped the lever.
This caused a wall to lower just inside the grating, and when it raised again, a load of Lost Souls had spawned behind the grating, only they weren't moving.
I realise there is a massive red light next to a button on the back wall of the room on pedastal. So I hit it, and the wall lowers again. When it raises again, the lost souls have all gone. Then they spawn into the room I am standing in, and procede to slam into this girl next to me.
So I proper strafe run out and arm my SSG, only to find the Lost souls are immune to Buckshot.
Then I woke up when all the lost souls turned blue.

lol i've never dreamed about doom but i'd like too. That must be fun (if not a bit scary >.< )

I remember a dream of being in an average, slighlty old-fashioned inner-city street in modern times (well 1998 or so, when i had the dream). I was hiding behind a brick wall that was the boundary of somebody's front garden, and i had some kind of super-heavy chaingun. There was a huge horde of cacodemons coming down the street, and over the tops of some of the houses on the opposite side and down the far end, i think i woke up as i started firing.

I also once had a dream in which Sonic the Hedgehog was running around on a level made of cacodemons. I think somebody in the "Klik" community has made a sonic-game-maker that lets you put in your own sprites, so i could really make that if i wanted... er, no.

I had a ton of doom 3 dreams after i got it, just glimpses of the hallways and claustrophobic places from it, with the odd imp or zombie attacking me.

And it's nothing to do with Doom but last night i had a Doctor Who dream where a "grey" at the end of the universe sent a message towards where the sun used to be, but it went back in time "along" the big crunch or something, and would take trillions of years to get there. I was a terrorist on modern-day earth working out what kind of bomb to build with another guy, i went in to the lounge where the TV was on but not tuned in and the alien's message appeared, it said something like "DUDE THAT'S REALLY SCRUFFY". Meanwhile the Doctor was wandering about my granny's garden at the other end of the village and i was wondering who he would team up with in "series 4", which this was apparently the first episode of

I've actually had a somewhat reoccurring Doom dream, that I am in a level with the textures/flats that are in E2M1, (E2M4's music) but a hell of a lot darker, and there is a main room that I guess is sort of a semi-circle, with 4 or so "DOOR3"s, and with little 64-height STONE rectangles coming out of the ground, and then there is a Cyberdemon down a hallway after going through one of those doors...

I've always kind of wanted to re-create this in an actual level, but then it would just be a 1996-esqe level. I think I had this dream at least 3 times in my life, with bits being added each time. Haven't had it for 3 years at least.

Had a vague dream about playing hide-and-seek with a Cyberdemon inside of a huge warehouse building, kinda like a cross between a CostCo and a machine shop. The strange thing was that the Cyberdemon seemed to keep a certain distance from me while launching his rockets; if I moved towards him, he'd back up and keep launching rockets. I also noticed a lack of apprehension when facing him. It was as if I were certain that no rockets would hit me (and none did since I was dodging them with little effort).