Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Anyone interested in being in a magazine article?

As part of my Journalism degree, I need to try to get a magazine to publish an article.

I've decided to write something for a "lad's mag", such as FHM, Loaded, Maxim, etc, and it'll be about how stupid Americans can be. Mostly because those kinds of magazines love stuff like that, but also because I want to ;)

So if you're American and have done something really stupid in the past, or you know an American who has done something really stupid, please contact me at nick@frad.org, with details of what happened (plus who, why, how, where and when).

If I'm successful in getting in published, I will of course scan the article and send it to the relevant person.

So if you're American and have done something really stupid in the past, or you know an American who has done something really stupid, please contact me

Me! Me!

Btw, does responding to your message count at doing something really stupid? (Just joking, of course!)

P.S. I resent the notion that all Americans do stupid things spontaneously. Some of us actually think stuff through before doing stupid things. Refer to the infamous (and hilarious) Darwin Awards.

Everyone does stupid things.

But in a British magazine, an article about Americans doing stupid things will be more interesting to the readers than an article about other Brits doing stupid things.

It'd be even better if I could do this about some French guy, but the only Frenchie I know of in the Doom community is Julian.

I'm sure that many other editions of FHM (there's at least 20, probably more), especially the American and Australian ones, regularly take the piss out of Brits :)

and let's fce it nightmare, after they've seen our transport and national health service ther's a lot to poke fun at... ;)

When I was 12 and we got in a car wreck I told the officer my name was Hugh Gary Rection. He actually said, "Huge Erection" as he scribbled down Hugh G. Rection. Then he grabbed me by my collar and put his hand on his beatdownstick and told me to shut the fuck up or he was going to put my fat ass in the hospital. =D

can cops do that to a 12 year old?

I guess they have one of those dumb laws for deadnail's case.

Shut it Ralphis or I'll pluck out both of your pubes.

No the cop just wanted me to behave. Cops can threaten you all they want, especially when they've had a bad day and don't feel like dealing with a little shit.

And admittedly, I still AM a little shit. ^.^

Australian ones, regularly take the piss out of Brits :)

we enjoy doing that. :)

in fact, i have a limey friend at school and i regularly take the piss out of him. his brother isn't allowed at my house because he stole a few cds from me (australia was created by convicted limey thieves, for those who don't know).

Bear in mind that I need enough info for an A4 sized page, so a couple of sentences isn't really enough :)

If you have any scanned pictures of the incident, all the better...

can cops do that to a 12 year old?

No but that doesn't matter to most of them.

No but that doesn't matter to most of them.

The anarchist speakest ;)

in fact, i have a limey friend at school and i regularly take the piss out of him.

"shut up pip! damn, i hate french people!"